Wayne Downey Mouthpieces

ForeverMello

I see in the DEG catalog that they are selling a brand of mouthpiece called the "Wayne Downey State of the Art" mouthpiece. Anyone know anything about them? They are pretty pricey...with starting list prices over $200. They are also selling valve oil under his name....

Guess again....Wayne has done a lot for the development of both brass instruments and moutpieces. He helped to develop the Kanstul g horns as well as completely revamped the dynatsy line both G & Bb. Bottom line is the guy knows what he is doing. Although I woul dprobabl ynever play the mouthpiece, I woul dlike to give it a try. I have worked hard to get the sound I desire on my current mouthpiece. Some poeple think you are buying just a name, but knowing Wayne personally I can say for sure that you are also getting a great product. Why else would his hornlines use them?

Shawn C ^0^

Why else would his hornlines use them?

Shawn,

BD's trumpets were playing on CG3s and modified 3Cs when I saw them @ Precision West. The CG3 is the same mouthpiece that the sops played on when I marched in 1980! I never liked that mouthpiece, and was actually the only one who didn't play on one. Instead, I had a custom mouthpiece made to look like a CG3 on the "outside". ^0^