this weekend i saw both cali corps

Gosh...one of the few negative reviews of a Blue Devils show I have heard in awhile. I don't remember any last year, as they were highly praised the whole season...for whatever this is worth. :blink:

I guess you missed my review of the Baton Rouge show...I thought the show was junk. Well performed junk, but still junk.

Well...it is early June. I'm sure BD will be on fire with whatever they have by the end of the season. Devils could play country music and I'd still go nuts for them.

couldnt agree more with DCI Monkey I heard Blue devils on there wb site (Im in the UK Long way to go for family day) but I remember this time last year that I was'nt so sure I thnk you should all give the Devils a chance

there is a long way to yet anything could happen

I have to say that I love BD this year. I think they have one of the most innovative shows. The soloists are hot! They will rank pretty good among some of the best ever. The show design is real tight. Summertime is one of Wayne's best. Take the A Train is going to leave people humming all summer. When the guard opens the closer and the hornline joins in, that's the nail in the coffin for them to win the whole thing. There are elements that are yet to be incorporated into the show. I know some DCA folks will recognize them. The show does have a lot of cleaning to do. The drill will get cleaner. I was fortunate to get a sneak peek into the closer drill. They will be moving right around light speed. The drill in the closer is significantly harder than the opener. The opener drill is kind of easy when comparing to the other big hitters in DCI, but the closer will remind you why BD is on top of all of them.

I have only heard great things about SCV. I was not fortunate enough to see them on Family Day. I wish I had. I have been saying from the beginning that they will definately be fighting for that top spot. People always say that the top spot is only fought for by BD, Cavies and Cadets. I think they are seriously mistaken. SCV has a great show! The design is solid. The hornline is solid. The drumline is solid. There chances for a championship year are solid!

The west coast is going to make a statement this year! Stay tuned.....