STOCKTON, CA REVIEW

THE ACADEMY:  64.30

UN..............BE.............LIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

They are extremely well balanced.  Imagine if there was a corps out there that did nothing for a few years but study the best - the brass quality of Phantom, the moves of Cadets, the style of Vanguard, the imagination of Cavies, the drums of BD & the crowd appeal of Scouts, then roll it all into one division 2 powerhouse.  This is what you would get. 

It sounds like Academy is the new equivalent of the Star of Indiana for Division II.

'Tis a real shame they are doing a limited tour this year. Probably to the relief of some Div II corps.

What would you think most of the other Div II corps directors were thinking when they heard Academy the first time on field?? :spit: :worthy::rolleyes: :sshh: :spit: :worthy::rolleyes: :sshh:

My guess would be that they're gonna regroup, recover and get a game plan on how to tame the beast known as Academy.

Edited by CorpsFanDentist

'Tis a real shame they are doing a limited tour this year. Probably to the relief of some Div II corps.

Shame for the audiences, yes. But whatever they are doing, it's working, so I applaud them for not being too eager too soon, so to speak, to get out and start touring all over. Takes a while to build a great corps, and sounds like they're doing it right.

What would you think most of the other Div II corps directors were thinking when they heard Academy the first time on field?? :spit: :worthy::rolleyes: :sshh: :spit: :worthy::rolleyes: :sshh:

I don't know, but based on everything I've read so far, we need a "#### a brick" smilie!!

My .02 cents worth:

Biggest Amazement

Gotta agree with the remarks on The Academy. Wow, I saw their show from the sidelines as we departed the field and was blown away by their sound and visual cleanliness. This corps came out of nowhere fast and stole the night IMO.

Biggest Letdown

In 2002, Esperanza was visually amazing with a huge color guard (40) as a Div II corps (they grew out of a winter guard organization). But, 2004 turns out to be a different season altogether. As a new Div I competitor, the corps' book was fairly bland, and I didn't feel much emotion from their show. Gotta say that the hornline is definitely much improved (and larger) and is carrying the weight versus the color guard from two years ago. But that's the main point of my disappointment...they've gone away from one of their strengths in their bid to join the majors.