Seattle Review

I saw both Seattle and Kelso and Kelso was even stronger for SCV than Seattle (as the scores show). The opener was rock-solid in Kelso, and the closing minute was very tight. In Seattle I didn't have that opinion.

Now we wait and see what changes and additions each corps makes before Modesto. I think the featured high soprano soloist in Vanguard's opener is from Modesto, so maybe that's a good omen.

Thanks for the thoughtful review.

PhilSCV

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kurt...yes, BD usually does quite a bit of fine tuning...I seem to remember that Channel One Suite was radically different at finals than what I remember in southern Cal.

I hope they rewrite that ending...my mother in law actually called me yesterday at home and said, "DID YOU EMAIL THE BLUE DEVILS AND TELL THEM ABOUT THE END OF THEIR SHOW?" Come on mom, lay off...like they'd listen to an announcer! :)

I saw both Seattle and Kelso and Kelso was even stronger for SCV than Seattle (as the scores show).  The opener was rock-solid in Kelso, and the closing minute was very tight.  In Seattle I didn't have that opinion.

Now we wait and see what changes and additions each corps makes before Modesto.  I think the featured high soprano soloist in Vanguard's opener is from Modesto, so maybe that's a good omen.

Thanks for the thoughtful review.

PhilSCV

Phil,

Hi, It's Kyle's dad. Actually he's from Moreno Valley, right next to Riverside. Thanks so much for your review and comments on the shows up in the Northwest :worthy: it made us feel like we were almost there. We did see both shows in Stockton and Hayward and now are eagerly anticipating :drool: all 3 shows down here in Southern California. Thanks again for the review.

Steve

Thanks Kurt...yes, BD usually does quite a bit of fine tuning...I seem to remember that Channel One Suite was radically different at finals than what I remember in southern Cal.

I hope they rewrite that ending...my mother in law actually called me yesterday at home and said, "DID YOU EMAIL THE BLUE DEVILS AND TELL THEM ABOUT THE END OF THEIR SHOW?" Come on mom, lay off...like they'd listen to an announcer! :)

IMO, they only need to change the ending of the show visually....musically it is cool and I love it!

Hi, It's Kyle's dad. Actually he's from Moreno Valley, right next to Riverside. Thanks so much for your review and comments on the shows up in the Northwest :worthy: it made us feel like we were almost there. We did see both shows in Stockton and Hayward and now are eagerly anticipating :drool: all 3 shows down here in Southern California. Thanks again for the review.

Steve

go kyle!!.. ha ha ... can u guys believe this guy is only like 17. ??? .kyle's dad correct me if im wrong. . Can't wait for this weekend... SCV SCV SCV!!

Hi, It's Kyle's dad. Actually he's from Moreno Valley, right next to Riverside. Thanks so much for your review and comments on the shows up in the Northwest  :worthy: it made us feel like we were almost there. We did see both shows in Stockton and Hayward and now are eagerly anticipating :drool: all 3 shows down here in Southern California. Thanks again for the review.

Steve

go kyle!!.. ha ha ... can u guys believe this guy is only like 17. ??? .kyle's dad correct me if im wrong. . Can't wait for this weekend... SCV SCV SCV!!

Just turned 17 on June 23rd. We missed it - he was up in Woodburn Oregon. We'll have a belated celebration when he gets back. And maybe have something more then just that to celebrate.

yeah.... same here... i hope there is much more to celebrate.... especially because with that hornline.... nothing would make my day.... anymore than listening to "send in the clowns" ..... :: b**bs ::drool::::::::: ... memories ..

btw.. i marched w/ your son last summer... in our little div 3 .. silver medalist corp... :worthy:

i did SCV in 02

yeah.... same here... i hope there is much more to celebrate.... especially because with that hornline.... nothing would make my day.... anymore than listening to "send in the clowns" ..... :: b**bs ::drool::::::::: ... memories ..

btw.. i marched w/ your son last summer... in our little div 3 .. silver medalist corp... :worthy:

i did SCV in 02

yamato rocked last year! i had two high school buddies that marched in yamato - jorge and mauricio in the snare line.

btw...which soloist is kyle?  i know sean is the one who goes up right before the first impact, but dont know who the other two trumpets are..

Amy is the second trumpet soloist that echos the first trumpet (Sean?). Kyle is the one that follows the Mellophone solo right before the entire corps blows you away.

Edited by dcdad04