Harrison, OH Show Review - 7/11/04

I am new to drum corp and this was the best review I've read yet. Very informative and indepth. I'm a little partial to KK as my son (mello player) is marching with them, his first year out. KK may be small this year, but they have heart. I will see them in action this weekend in Orlando. Thank you , thank you. It is much appreciated.

Thanks for your wonderful review. I appreciate how you highlighted the positive for each corp.

My son, Geoff, is on the tenor line, 3rd year with PR.

He reports that they had already started to learn some significant changes to both music and drill, but these were not put in for the Harrison show. He said that we would not recognize the show, the next time we see them. (Canton)

Also learned from a guard member that the red panels are being taken out.

This was our first time to actually see the show this year. We heard the music for the first time in Michigan city during their standstill performance.

Sunday we went to Connersville to see the end of their practice, and go to see their run through from ground level. They are working so hard, and morale seems high. I think they were especially rejuvenated after their showing in Kalamazoo.

I, too, am rather attached to last year's show. But there are several moments in this year's music that gave me chills. As they incorporate the changes and clean it all up, they will bring that same OMG sound and emotion into the closer (that we heard in Elsa's Procession), and PR will be contending this year.

Thanks, all! :)

I'm planning on going to the Fairfield show on 7/28, but I'm also hoping to catch up with a DCPer or two or three at the busses after the show, so I prolly won't be writing a review for that one.

I appreciate all the kind words!! B)

Finale was "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral". First time I've ever heard this PR classic, and it reduced me to a blubbering mess well before it was over. Good grief, I'm tearing up just while typing this from the mere recollection of the aural memory. BEEF-A-ROO!!! ($1 to Mike Meyer) While last year's Regimental win at this show did not produce a retreat or an encore, this first-time catch of PR as an encore performer was well worth the wait - I now can't wait to see it happen again (hopefully) on 7/28 in Fairfield!!

I had the distinct pleasure to hear this piece on Thursday, Sunday and Monday, and each time I reacted exactly as you did. It's incredible.

Great review!

Finale was "Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral".  First time I've ever heard this PR classic, and it reduced me to a blubbering mess well before it was over.  Good grief, I'm tearing up just while typing this from the mere recollection of the aural memory.  BEEF-A-ROO!!!  ($1 to Mike Meyer)  While last year's Regimental win at this show did not produce a retreat or an encore, this first-time catch of PR as an encore performer was well worth the wait - I now can't wait to see it happen again (hopefully) on 7/28 in Fairfield!!

I had the distinct pleasure to hear this piece on Thursday, Sunday and Monday, and each time I reacted exactly as you did. It's incredible.

Great review!

Tom, are you on staff for PR, or are you a "stalker"? :P

Just wondering. . . ^0^

Thanks for the kind words - it's good to know there was at least one other kindred soul with wet eyes there at Harrison. B)

Edited by Gorgoman

A volunteer and booster. And I guess a stalker too! I did a bunch of publicity for the Huntington show and got to tour from Show of Shows through Huntington. Five days of fun!

Too cool!! :) :silly: