Oldest Member To Perform @ WGI?

what a great question!i admire you garfeild cadet!

i think i remember seeing a old time member from blessed sac perform most recently[maybe 2 years ago].she is fabulous,anybody out there know her ?she has been involved for a long time!

kudos to her and to you also!

Edited by dugg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 32 and about to audition for a WGI IWG (Winter Guard International Independent World Guard) for the first time.

Who knows of the oldest person to ever have competed @ a WGI Championship?

(Old timers can still swing it too!)

Garfield Cadets, if you get a chance, please let us know how it turns out!

I had NO idea one could march in a Winter Guard at such an advanced age...! There's hope for me!

I think that's way kewl...go for it, Garfield!

• 2 weeks later...

The lady that marched Blessed Sac a few years ago is a complete Diva...She marched back in the 80's and when WGI changed the age she came back in 2000 (I think) and age herself out again for good in 2002.. I might be off on the years... Also in 2003 and 2004 there was a guy in his 40's... To top that off, he was friggen amazing and I love hiM!!! That is all!!!

But girl, def go for it, and have fun with it....

I am 32 and about to audition for a WGI IWG (Winter Guard International Independent World Guard) for the first time.

Who knows of the oldest person to ever have competed @ a WGI Championship?

(Old timers can still swing it too!)

-----

You go girl!

I just turned 47 last week and I'm STILL not ready to "age out". I'm going on my fourth season as a Renegade.

The lady that marched Blessed Sac a few years ago is a complete Diva...She marched back in the 80's and when WGI changed the age she came back in 2000 (I think) and age herself out again for good in 2002.. I might be off on the years... 

thanks for the reply,she would toss a 5 or a six and never even look up to spot it.she would just put her hands out and bam!solid as a rock!she had pluck moxie and grit! :rolleyes: wish we knew her name!

The lady that marched Blessed Sac a few years ago is a complete Diva...She marched back in the 80's and when WGI changed the age she came back in 2000 (I think) and age herself out again for good in 2002.. I might be off on the years... 

thanks for the reply,she would toss a 5 or a six and never even look up to spot it.she would just put her hands out and bam!solid as a rock!she had pluck moxie and grit! :rolleyes: wish we knew her name!

Her name is Katherine Gallagher - she's always been my idol!!!! That girl could catch a rifle in a wind tunnel during a snowstorm in the dark!!!!!!!

Later,

Mike