Oldest Member To Perform @ WGI?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The oldest member of The Guard aged out of Blue Devils in 1977, and yes, there are people in that guard who were not born when she aged out.

If The Guard went to Dayton, I believe she'd get the award for oldest performer ever at a WGI finals.

Get it "Mother"!

• 2 weeks later...
The lady that marched Blessed Sac a few years ago is a complete Diva...She marched back in the 80's and when WGI changed the age she came back in 2000 (I think) and age herself out again for good in 2002.. I might be off on the years...  Also in 2003 and 2004 there was a guy in his 40's... To top that off, he was friggen amazing and I love hiM!!! That is all!!!

But girl, def go for it, and have fun with it....

Ok, my turn to be stupid....I aged out of Drum Corps in 93, and had I still marched winter guard, I would have aged out in 93 as well...so, when did all this change???

• 3 weeks later...

I marched in Pride of Cincinnati 97,98,02,03. I aged out in 98. In 2002 I wasnt the oldest member. In 03 I was. I was 27. Im planning on going back in 07. I will be 31, but it will be ten years since my first year in Pride. I hope I dont have heart palpatations. Haha. I believe that if you want to do it then go for it. I look up to all that have done this and have done it well. Katherine Gallagher is an amazing performer and can truly hang with all the 18-22 year olds. She better get it.

Jeff Newton

Jeff, I absolutely adore Pride's 02 and 03 show. Any way to spot you on the 03 dvd?

• 3 years later...

My name is Mike. I am 42 years young and starting my 2nd season with FAHRENHEIT WORLD!!!

:laugh:

Edited by mckeemj