bass stands

kusankusho

I'd like to talk the money folks into buying 5 bass stands this year to replace the home-made ones we have now. I need them to be good, but affordable (OK cheap). Any suggestions? Anyone selling theirs?

Did I mention this has to be cheap?:sos:

Jim

I'd like to talk the money folks into buying 5 bass stands this year to replace the home-made ones we have now.  I need them to be good, but affordable (OK cheap).  Any suggestions?  Anyone selling theirs?

Jim

This is what we used when I marched. It is a trap table stand for the pit, but when you raise the struts up it works great as a bass stand. Yamaha, Pearl, and Ludwig all make these. I found them at music123.com/

LE1368n.jpg

We used Yamaha piano stands for our basses. They fold out into an X and work well on level ground. Depending on the height of the players on 1 and 2 they can be a little short, but they work great for 3-5, and being one of those taller 1st bass players the stand in the picture in the post before this works well too. Hope this helps.

You might want to check with a local bar/restaurant supply store and pick up some of those folding tray stands like they use in restaurants. They are relatively inexpensive and do the job. We use them with Skyliners Alumni. They are also very light and portable and fold up for storage. There you go, good AND cheap!

Ray

I'd like to talk the money folks into buying 5 bass stands this year to replace the home-made ones we have now.  I need them to be good, but affordable (OK cheap).  Any suggestions?  Anyone selling theirs?

Jim

Yeah - I second the tray stands - they work very well - we had them in high school. 

Mike

How do you adjust the hight? They are way too short. We tried adding dowel extensions in the legs but it was tough to get the right hight and they broke too easily.

Jim

Yeah - I second the tray stands - they work very well - we had them in high school. 

Mike

How do you adjust the hight? They are way too short. We tried adding dowel extensions in the legs but it was tough to get the right hight and they broke too easily.

Jim

If you can't raise the drums....lower the drummers...

You could always cut a few inches off the legs of your bass drummers. :P

Mike

Mike

Jim

If the trap stands are at full extension and are STILL too short, then you have 8 foot tall kids. You don't set the drum on it with the trap stand flat, as pictured. The 4 legs on the top part of the stand can be adjusted so that they are up higher... let me try and find a pic....

Edit: here is a pic of us from 2000 with the stands.

cavie_379.jpg

Edited by Cavalier2123

The trap stands look good, but the waiter stands that we have are table hight. Pretty low for anyone over age 6. The trap stands look good and I'm pushing for us to buy a set.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Jim