Got Brigs?

Hey everyone...

Since we're all sharing, I'm here live in Provincetown MA.

You will NOT believe who I met tonight.  I'm am so wired I will be up all night from my evening.

I went to sit in with this awesome trombone player I know -  I left my horn in the car initially because I had just gotten in and needed to walk around and chill before I played.  Blah blah blah...long story short, read the blog for the full story and photos...

Wynton Marsalis is in town with his family and he had dinner at this place, brough his horn and sat in on a few tunes to start the night.  I wisely left the horn in the car because I wasn't prepared for a Jazz at Lincoln Center audition - but, wow, what an inspiration to hear him play and meet him and all that!!!  And what a GREAT night, read the blog for more details. 

Hopefully I can get to sleep soon!!!

Oh, sorry, I brought the bugle with me, but it was all about the trombone tonight...I will practice tomorrow, I promise!!!

Sara, that is AWESOME!! I love Wynton Marsalis. I was in a really good jazz ensemble in high school and we were given the oppurtunity to open for him at Palace Theater in Cleveland. What a great gig! I also got to hang with him backstage after the concert. It was quite a night!

Now put away the trombone!!!! :P

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh My God Sara the "You know your from Indiana" was way to funny. Wow I guess I'm more of a Hoosier than I think. First of all I lived near Ball State. I lived in Muncie where friday night's were considered the Sabbath and the local High School Fieldhouse was Church. And YES I LOVE BREADED TENDERLOINS. Also the Indiana state bird is LARRY....lol. Oh by the Sara IRL all the way....

However you forgot one other "you know your from Indiana when" joke.

You know your from Indiana when you tell people your from IndyTucky...lol or Muncietucky, or Vinntucky...lol

GOD BLESS US HOOSIERS SARA. GO IU, John Mellencamp rocks,Bob Knight over Gene Keady, Steve Alford is better than Damon Bailey, and The Indianapolis Colts are the best football team ever...

Yes, that is correct.  Which makes me an expert on the hillbillies down south in Kentucky.  And the hillbillies in KY are only one or two family members removed from the hillbillies of WV.  So yes, that does make me somewhat qualified to use the term.

^0^  ^0^  ^0^

And for y'all that have no idea what we are talking about...

You know you're from West Virginia when...

You know you're from Indiana when...

:beer:  All in good fun, of course.

See y'all Saturday!

We have to be at Marlborough HS in Mass. (where the Colts are staying) Saturday for a 1-3 rehearsal (then off to DCI finals).

Sunday I believe is a 8 am start at the same school before heading to Providence.

Anybody got an clue about the schedule for this weekend? Help! I leave tomorrow 6am (Eastern Time) and suppose not to be online again.

We have to be at Marlborough HS in Mass. (where the Colts are staying) Saturday for a 1-3 rehearsal (then off to DCI finals).

Sunday I believe is a 8 am start at the same school before heading to Providence.

Trish,

thx for the info. Do you know if there is a bus. I will have transportation to Marlborough HS, but need maybe a ride to the stadion and definitly a ride from the stadion back to Marlborough and to Providence.

BUMP!!! :rock:

Oliver, there will be one bus this weekend that is leaving Syracuse in the am on Saturday (I believe). Travel safe!  Get it DCI!!!!  (Where is Michael Watier when you need him...hehe)

Trish,

thx for the info. Do you know if there is a bus. I will have transportation to Marlborough HS, but need maybe a ride to the stadion and definitly a ride from the stadion back to Marlborough and to Providence.

Oliver,

I might be able to give you a ride to Providence after practice, I'm not sure about anything else - Friday night I'm coming to prelims or semis or whatev from NYC, then heading to Falmouth for the night. I'm heading from there to rehearsal Saturday and to Foxboro from rehearsal, but right now I am hoping to stay with someone in foxboro - kstein honey, check your email!!! - or camp some where...or sleep on someone's hotel floor or something to avoid driving from Falmouth to Malborough on a Sunday AM during high season.

After Providence I'm heading back to the cape.

So call me when you get into the states and we'll see what we can work out.

Oliver,

I might be able to give you a ride to Providence after practice, I'm not sure about anything else  -  Friday night I'm coming to prelims or semis or whatev from NYC, then heading to Falmouth for the night.  I'm heading from there to rehearsal Saturday and to Foxboro from rehearsal, but right now I am hoping to stay with someone in foxboro - kstein honey, check your email!!! - or camp some where...or sleep on someone's hotel floor or something to avoid driving from Falmouth to Malborough on a Sunday AM during high season.

After Providence I'm heading back to the cape.

So call me when you get into the states and we'll see what we can work out.

Sara,

I will fly in Boston today and stay at:

Motel 6

125 Union Street

Braintree, MA 02184

witch is 39 miles from Marloborogh and 15/20 miles from Foxboro.

Till now I'm not 100% shure if Hans-Peter and me have a hotel room of our own or if we floor sleep. I will sort this out tonight. I will give you a call, so maybe you can stay Friday to Saturday with us. I will let you know.

Oliver

I've got your cell phone number and take the notebook with me. Maybe there is WLan somewhere.

Edited by BariSaege