Got Brigs?

My life is like a country western song.

Everything that could has done gone wrong.

(COPYRIGHT 2005 SARA L JULIAN)

The unsecured wireless network is most likely the couple across the hall from my old apartment, Mike and Laura.  Good peeps.  They already offered use of the wireless to me until I get on my feet again.  And Mike tried out for Garfield in 1988 and made the baritone line, but ended up not marching, so there's a drum corps connection too.  BTW - I will have a wireless router in my new place by the end of April for my guests.

So yesterday my cell phone died.  I splurged and got the Nokia 6620 - MP3 capable, high res photos and video and all that good sheet.  But I lost all my numbers.  Until I can recreate them from my old bills.

I also spent yesterday afternoon in the ER dealing with an infection from one of my wounds.  I'm on an antibiotic now, so that should sort itself out.

It seems like everything that could go wrong in my life lately has been, so I'm just laying low until I have something good to type about.  :music:

#### take care of yourself we need you healthy en shiii !!!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara:

sometimes old songs describes a lot someone can say and think. As I read throu your lines I thought immidiatly of this lines:

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,

Walk on through the rain,

Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,

You'll never, ever walk alone.

Especially: At the end of the storm is a golden sky should give hope.

Burned appartment, defect cell phone, infection, #### it - hard and heavy........ in the end it will be fine.

Take care and relax. You need your power to ge well, find a cool job and march Brigs. Hope to see you well end of may. Don't allow yourselve to be week. You and Bill and the rest of the line have to guide the blind ####### german through the setpoint of the show. Something like a blind dog. So head up and take care.

That is the cool thing about drum corps. When you are down on your luck on in a rut (not to be confused with Rutt!) it is a wonderful built in support system to help you get through those times.

Everyone has each others back and with everyone there looking out for one another it can make for a special group of people.

Speaking of special (by special I mean "short bus" special!) groups of people (the Brigs contra line!) who out there is willing to fill that last hole?

^0^

That is the cool thing about drum corps.  When you are down on your luck on in a rut (not to be confused with Rutt!) it is a wonderful built in support system to help you get through those times.

down, on rutt... does that mean the same thing there, as it does here? :sshh:

I would be singing a bit of Barry.... You know I can't smile, without you, I can't smile, without you.... B)

Shawn,

if I wouldn't play Euph I would love to play the "Fat Lady". So come on guys, this contra line rock and so the music. If you love "Fingering salat" this is your line. If you don't need to breathe for 20 messures, because there's no time to breathe this is definitly your line.

Speaking of special (by special I mean "short bus" special!) groups of people (the Brigs contra line!) who out there is willing to fill that last hole?

^0^

I am trying so hard to behave and not comment on this statement.

Besides, the toy box under my bed was a total loss, so, uhm, I'm a little out of commission in that area at the moment. I'm still trying to come up with a discreet polite way to list that stuff in my inventory for my insurance claim.

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Did I mention that Chris Rutt and Judy Jones are the bomb, not to mention total lifesavers? Where are the pictures from Hooters BTW?

And camp was awesome. The rumors are true. The Brigs Bari/Euph section has made their appearance. I had been a little frustrated with the lack of numbers at previous camps, but we got it goin' on now. w00t!

I am trying so hard to behave and not comment on this statement.

Besides, the toy box under my bed was a total loss, so, uhm, I'm a little out of commission in that area at the moment.  I'm still trying to come up with a discreet polite way to list that stuff in my inventory for my insurance claim.

^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^  ^0^

Did I mention that Chris Rutt and Judy Jones are the bomb, not to mention total

:sshh:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!

Look's like Sara is back!

b**bs

Disclaimer: That was a very loaded statement! I knew somebody would bite!

Down, but not out baby!!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^

Reminds me of a rugby story...

The first season I played rugby I was awarded the "Rookie most likely to injure herself to get good drugs" award. So I spent a lot of time on the sidelines that season (Sprained ankle that I continued to play on until I almost seperated a shoulder for the first time).

In one game that season a fellow rookie got popped really hard by a player who had spent some time on the US National team. When she got up she said "Have you ever gotten tackled so hard that you don't want to play rugby again?" And thus ended her rugby career.

Well, I haven't gotten popped that hard yet. B)

We have room for more members from The University of Buffalo. We have 5 now and two or three more coming. The van from Michigan will be going through Buffalo and can stop to pick up a few more. Next camp is April 23 and 24.

Dave Keck

Dir. of Recruiting

Syracuse Brigadiers

to all of you NYC Brigadier types.... there will be a sojourn which will lead me to NYC tomorrow... if you are in town...Brigs do McSorley's tomorrow nite.. possibly Coyote's as well....

call Rutt for for up to the minute details...but get you ### downtown!!!!!

see you there!!!!

:music: ^0^ b**bs