How Heavy is It?

BD_Fan

I want to audition to play bari or euph at Magic of Orlando. I know fingerings and scales and other basics(which I have been learning without a horn), but the one time I had a baritone in my possession I didn't really learn much. My biggest problem is that I read in treble clef and I don't know how the octaves are supposed to sound on the baritone. Can anybody help me with this?

To convert treble clef to base clef, turn page upside down ^0^

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've talked to folks who've marched the dynasty and kanstul models. I myself march the kanstul euph, and while I definatly have quivles about the wieght I will say its unbelievably well balanced. Those that I have talked to echo that and say that while the Dynasty in reality weighs less, it can actually feel worse because of its main body compactness and its extended bell, which can make it feel like most of the wieght is on the bell. Not sure I'd take that too well at all...

Anybody got any specs on PR's new Kings? Those things look sweet. And sound even better!

Edited by SpiffingChap

I didn't mean how do you transpose from treble to bass clef, but what is it supposed to sound like? For example, if in bass clef an F is written (the one on the bottom of the staff, bottom space) D in treble clef, what will it sound like in treble clef? Will it sound in the same octave as a C instrument like guitar or keyboard or is it different.

Sorry if my question is making no sense, I'm a little confused myself! :P

I didn't mean how do you transpose from treble to bass clef, but what is it supposed to sound like? For example, if in bass clef an F is written (the one on the bottom of the staff, bottom space) D in treble clef, what will it sound like in treble clef? Will it sound in the same octave as a C instrument like guitar or keyboard or is it different.

Sorry if my question is making no sense, I'm a little confused myself!  :P

Ummm....the bottom space in bass clef is an A not an F unless you mean the first space BELOW the staff in which case you would be correct. Either way the notes sound the same as the note only relates to it's position on the staff.