Best DCI Guard uni!

SCVchick02

Colts uniform, yes..

and I know I'm going to get flamed for this.. but I thought Blue Knights' CG uniform, while maybe not exactly right on all it's members, was MOST effective and truly stunning. I thought it conveyed the show intent really well.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In juniors, I loved SCV's...simple black, yet elegant. B)

In seniors, the Empire Statemen's garb caught my eye...four girls/guys to the same color with dresses/pants that complemented their body movements (not too tight or short).

Colts uniform, yes..

and I know I'm going to get flamed for this.. but I thought Blue Knights' CG uniform, while maybe not exactly right on all it's members, was MOST effective and truly stunning. I thought it conveyed the show intent really well.

well, in a non-flaming sorta way, i have to disagree :) i didnt much care for their uni's this year. THey looked okay on a few of the members, but they just didnt seem to fit most of them, like you mentioned. Although that could change once i get my vids. When i saw BK's show in SoCal i thought it was too "weird" for me, but now i listen to it all the time on my computer and love it. So who knows.

I am biased, of course- but I do think that Colts' uni's were the best. The yellow against the black made them really pop out on the field, and the way the skirts moved when they had underbody work was great- esp. during the dance segs. The way they were cut made everyone look good, too.

As far as "uniforms" go...I'd say Phantom Regiment's girls were the only ones who wore an actual "uniform." Everyone else wore costumes.

Having said that, my vote would go to Phantom, for the very reason that I prefer something of a uniform instead of a leotard or dance costume on a guard. On a basketball court or stage costuming can be quite effective but on the football field I think the slim dance designs favored by so many designers get lost. Phantom's cossak-styled garb, complete with boots, made them stand out -- they had presence. Plus, the uniforms actually fit with the theme and style of the show. I thought the Colts' attire had much the same effect; bold colors and a "fuller" design that gave them a nice presence on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also a fan of the PR uniforms. I loved the corset-like tops. And who had the velvet long skirts that were beigesh..I liked those.

On a side note: did the Cavies uniforms remind anyone else of the movie Tron? (I think it is when they get stuck in a computer game of some sort)Not in a bad or good way...that is just the first thing that I thought of when I saw them. I was just curious if anyone else got the same idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Cadets & Spirit win my votes!

Thanks!

Sean

w/Stp: