• Cadets
    • SCV
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Bluecoats
    • Glassmen
    • Crossmen
    • Other

So, your definition of the best contra line in 2002 would be determined, not by the playing ability of the line, but by how "big their horns are".

I'll step up to defend my corps-mate here in reference to "that 15 year old" of ours (sorry Robbie :P )

Robbie, the contra player in question, was 15 years old when he marched with us last season. Short, skinny as a rail, and he marched contra. First few camps he could barely hold the thing to save his life, but by the end of the season he was schooling some of the vets. There was a reason he won "most improved marcher" at our banquet this year.

Ok, that wasn't really much of a defense, but it is a good story :)

And Ben, if you're reading this, I'll see you at camp this weekend.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about div II/III contra lines?

in the past i have been the only contra, it is rough. So to all of the lone contras, you guys rock.

lots of solid conta line sounds in div III last year. Blue Stars, Americanos, Revolution, Bandettes (she's cool), and Scenic City are some corps i remember with nice contra sounds.

As a member of the glory cadets contra line in 2002, the deadly trio, i was overall pleased with our sound, and our improvment playing, and the development of a brotherhood between us.

this goes out to my brothers from last year in the MGC conta line

HAM!

I think Cavies had an amazing Contra section this season. the intonatioan and power those guys produced was just awesome.

I also think Boston had a really solid contra line this year... the last chord of the show, (before the soft ending) the contra line was cooking. I mean some serious power... good stuff.

Honorable mention goes to..

Phantom

Vanguard

Bluecoats

• 1 month later...
lots of solid conta line sounds in div III last year...Bandettes (she's cool)...

Thanks bud! B)

I agree. Spirits hornline in general, had one of the best sounds out there. Probably due to that matched set of Kanstuls, they had a gorgeous sound.

Dan Zeilinger

Caption head/Arranger

Impulse