SCV Snares Tilting Drums The Other Way

Snapettes Mom

i dunno if we were s'posed to tell or not...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats probably a big NO there GianCarlos.... keep yo mouth shut! :whistle: :sshh:

but are you really gonna think the same about SCV?

Besides, the forward tilt isnt gonna be to that extent and even if it is, its still gonna look good.

it does look good.

and it takes away from the distraction of them playing w/ matched grip. it looks very natural, imho.

yup your right! Butt stock naked

Its gonna be really sweet lookin! :whistle: b**bs

yup your right! Butt stock naked

Its gonna be really sweet lookin! :whistle:  b**bs

they're wearing loincloths.

their drums are going to be nothing but wood w/ actual animal skin stretched over it. they're switching to Oonga Percussion, based deep in the heart of Congo for sticks. the fifth bass will be 52" in diameter, and will require mallets made from a tree trunk.

also, their new corps song will be the theme from "George of the Jungle"

and the horns will be blowing on shell or animal skulls. they're using Yamaha's "Primal Series" horns.

the guard will be spinning and tossing bones and sticks. their flags will be animal hides.

Edited by Gbassman5

Well, SCV being innovators and risk-takers are up to their normal experiments. There's always a reason to try the things they do, and although I'm not sold on it, we'll just have to see how it works out.

In '99 they tilted the drums and had a very unique 'prep' to their strokes, relating it to how the instrument was played when there were slings and HAD to be tilted...I think that was their best idea/performance of the 'tilt'. Lately, I got the feeling that the 'tilt' was used more visually, and a specialized stroke was not used...so I lost my interest in the way that had been going.

Good luck to them in 05!