ditty or double beat?

tubawarrior

which one is sweeter?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. which one is sweeter?

• BD ditty
    • SCV double beat

I would imagine that Roger Carter leaving Blue Devils would have more to do with them not playing 13th hour anymore than them not having the hands.  They also don't play contrasting differences and hemiola anymore....both written by Roger Carter.

that is true.

but, if look @ the lines from when 13th Hour "came out," they could play pretty much anything. not so anymore. now, they still can play pretty cool stuff, but it's definitely not up to the level of the late-90's lines. now, they'll play well in the lot, then get out on the field and hack it up. (see 2003 DVD. snare solo (ewww) and tenor solo (RIM!!!))

obviously, this is all opinion, so take it as you will.

-Giancarlos

The 2000 Blue Devils drumline finished 6th in drums. The line you mentioned (2003) faired better than that. I know it is almost impossible to compare year to year but in my opinion the 00 and 01 wouldn't measure up to the "standard" of the late 90's line either, but they still played 13th Hour. I am still of the opinion that the main reason they returned to Ditty was the departure of Roger Carter....HOWEVER, I think you are right in saying that the BD lines of recent years are not up to the level of say 94-99.

they may have placed higher in 2003, but i don't think they were any better.

the same thing happened to SCV, though. after 1999, they weren't really that top-notch drumline they were known for being. 2002 was when they started to change, but 2003 was their "resurection" year. now, they are back. :worthy:

Edited by Gbassman5

:worthy: SCV :worthy:

I still like Ditty but oh man!!! When that skank section rolls around for the tenors in double beat...i am brought back to my roots....jk...but it is amazing. I think that it should be played in dance clubs b**bs . GO SCV