I need info about DCE!

GenBrigsBari

Hi everybody!!

I will move in Europe pretty soon, don't know when exactly but... I hope it will be soon! To be more precised I'm moving in Brussels, Belgium. My only problem about moving there is that I'm a drum corps freak and just thinking about living without any concrete contact with the "drum corps world" is totaly freaking me out!!! I marched from 1994 to 2004... so actually it's the first year in 11 years that I don't have any opportunity to march!! :worthy: I've heard a little bit about Drum corps Europe... If anyone could help me out it would be great!!!

Oh and by the way, I'm from Montreal, Canada... I marched for "Les Etoiles" from Dorion-Vaudreuil, Mtl, Canada, "The Glassmen" from Toledo, OH, USA and for "The Syracuse Brigadiers" from Syracuse, NY, USA.

Thanks to all!!

Genevieve :)

Hi Genevieve,

The drum corps activity in Europe is really increasing, so don't worry - you will be able to keep contact with the 'drum corps world'. There are several drum corps on the European mainland, and I'm sure they'll be very happy to have you in their corps!

Please e-mail me if you have any specific questions regarding the European drum corps activity (marco at drumcorps dot nl). Meanwhile, you might want to to take a look at our website: www.drumcorps.org.uk.

Hopefully see you in the European drum corps scene one day!

:)

Marco Janssen

Drum Corps Europe

Edited by Marco

Hi everybody!! 

I will move in Europe pretty soon, don't know when exactly but... I hope it will be soon! To be more precised I'm moving in Brussels, Belgium.  My only problem about moving there is that I'm a drum corps freak and just thinking about living without any concrete contact with the "drum corps world" is totaly freaking me out!!!  I marched from 1994 to 2004... so actually it's the first year in 11 years that I don't have any opportunity to march!!  :whistle:  I've heard a little bit about Drum corps Europe... If anyone could help me out it would be great!!!

Oh and by the way, I'm from Montreal, Canada... I marched for "Les Etoiles" from Dorion-Vaudreuil, Mtl, Canada, "The Glassmen" from Toledo, OH, USA and for "The Syracuse Brigadiers" from Syracuse, NY, USA.

Thanks to all!!

Genevieve  :)

Genevieve,

if you wanna march. Check out Jubal from Doetrecht. Its about 80 miles away from Brussel. Great corps great people great music. Lot of DCI people.

Also Beatrix might be an alternative. Is about 130 miles away. Bigger in size but different.

Same as Brigs and Cabs. ^0^

If you will not have the time to march. Check out the DCE and DCG Contests in summer. Blue Devils will tour Europe next year and the will participate in a DCE Contest. Check out the DCE Homepage, there is also a french version of it. Easier to read than german and dutch :-)

If you wanna have fun, hanging out with DC nuts and meet some former Brig Buddies. Around eastern Starriders will have their big easter drill camp. Everyone is warmly welcome to stop by - watch, maybe teach, maybe march, have a beer or 10 and talk some Drumcorps.

Anyway you will see there are more DC people here you expected.

Oliver

DCUK is always an option as well. Flights from Brussels are not that expensive (round trip tickets to the UK from Belgium can be found for as little as 30 Euros on Ryanair and easyJet.

Genevieve,

if you wanna march. Check out Jubal from Doetrecht. Its about 80 miles away from Brussel. Great corps great people great music. Lot of DCI people.

Also Beatrix might be an alternative. Is about 130 miles away. Bigger in size but different.

Juliana is even closer!