Transportation

School Bus or Coach? Which did you travel all summer on?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. School Bus or Coach? Which did you travel all summer on?

• School Bus
    • Coach

I still have memories of those black and gold school buses.

1975 Chicago on the way to Des Plaines for a show 4th of July weekend.

Bus Driver #1: "Okay...ahhh...everyone in the last three rows move up."

Curious member: "Why?"

Bus Driver #1: The bus behind us has no brakes!"

Member: "Oh, is that all?"

I am choosing school bus

9 summers of school busses.... and still alive !!!

so don't waste your time complaining the AC is broken......  B)

What A/C ? :huh:

Seriously, our buses had windows that would slide open and that's it.....no A/C. Howver, we did have a cranking sound system on our bus! :whistle:

We chartered for quite a few years, then bought the old Garfield buses in the winter of 75-76, fixed them up with new paint jobs in and out, took all the stops out of the windows (great way to bail out early at McD's), moved the seat back stops all the way back, and lived in those things for five years. Have some great memories of those buses. My bus (#2) was mostly a horn bus, and we put in an awesome sound system in the racks and had some great psych sessions on the way to many shows.

fixed them up with new paint jobs in and out, took all the stops out of the windows (great way to bail out early at McD's), moved the seat back stops all the way back,

Yep....we did the same thing to our buses. No waiting to get off, just crawl out the window! b**bs

Thing is most buses today and some back then were 56 passenger buses....I think our bus was like 44 or something like that. All I know is we had waaaaay more room than on the 56 passengers.

One guy in the back hung a hammock from one corner of the over head compartment to the other side......too cool! :whistle:

What A/C ?  :huh: 

Seriously, our buses had windows that would slide open and that's it.....no A/C. Howver, we did have a cranking sound system on our bus!  :whistle:

60/12

60 miles an hour

12 windows open

and it got COLD :sshh:

Bones

Sleeping on the floor and lots of other things happened on that bus. I remember one night on the way home from Fulton and....well, I'd get moved...but it was a "good night"