drumlineparkinglot

Crossman84

Why did DCI have a fit about it anyway? theres other websites that have DCI drumlines playing, such as Vicfirth.com and Pearl.com

The difference being that Vic Firth and Pearl are DCI sponsors, and the lines they show use their products.

Yeah i never really thought of that. that does make sence. thanks for clearing that up for me

• 1 month later...

Who else would ask a question like that but a Medina child?

*sigh*

I hope it comes back. Always hold out hope that it will come back. It had some of the best footage of lines out there. Besides, DCI has tried to take action before, but it never really pans out, so I'm sure there's still hope. If it does come back, it'll be AMAZING. End of story.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, the last I had heard from the DCI end, they were close to taking action against the site. Don't know if they ever did or if the site just ran out of money, but either way, it's sad that they're gone.

Mike

This really sucks...I can understand if they were ripping MP3's from DCI CD/DVD's but most of this stuff was recorded by individuals in public places. By their logic, they could sue me for taking a picture of a corps on the street and making it available on a website. Popparazzi do this stuff all the time and fall back on the whole public domain thing. Not only that, were they making any money off of it? I doubt DCI could afford any good lawyers anyways.

as it's been said before on a different thread, the site is at least partially back

go see for yourself