Doesn't anyone remember us?

Yep I remember Clock Watch...um, I mean Black Watch! I also remember their awesom indoor guard as well!

There were some members in Crossmen that marched with Black Watch back in the late '70s.

Are we talking the same Black Watch...one post names the Auburn, Washington Black Watch....I assume you mean the Philly area corps.

Mike

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a drum solo that "Ghost" had told our staff represented "Old McDonald" as being performed by a steel band.

In 71 Garfield, the drumline wrote our own cadences (street beats in the vernacular of the day).

In those days of marching timps...we wrote two...using the tritoms and timps as melodic istruments.

One was "Old McDonald" and the other "ELP's "Tank".

Mike

Well hey! You guys DO remember us! b**bs

I knew Ghost very well. He was one of our arranger/instructors for our drumline. I assume he's still around somewhere.

GREAT OLD PICS by the way. If anyone has anymore, please post them!

The 1975 Argonaut staff, Where are the now?

Dave Hill –Brass instructor-? not sure where he was from, but a great brass arranger.

Bill “Ghost” Linen –Drums instructor – from Boston Crusaders

Bruce Keller – Marching instructor – I think Bruce Keller marched with the Kilties, but not sure?

argonauts.jpg

Edited by argonaut

Since my time started in the 80's... it's hard to say.

Dave Hill is still around up here, teaching music.

Dave Franks (marched in your era) teaches as well.

Randy Graves sells musical instruments in Salem.

Richard Kibbey (Marching) is with the Oregon Crusaders now.

George and Cheryl Miles are both active in different corps. I played at their wedding and for the life of me, can't remember Cheryls maiden name. Anyway, George worked with the Mandarins last year, and Cheryl continues with the Blue Devils.

BTW, yes, those were our uniforms. But in 1983 we changed to MUCH better outfits (cadet style, burnt dark orange with silver rope trim). That was the year we did Superman.

Hi Craig, It's Bruce Storm. Did you play the french horn? I remember you. I helped out with marching and drove bus in 82&83. I talked with Cheryl last summer in Dever and I've talked with Richard Kibey last weekend. He is always wanting me to process his drum corps recordings. The Oregon Crusaders are going to be strong this year. You should join the Argonaut/Flamingo site on yahoo groups.

Edited by argonaut

Hi Craig, It's Bruce Storm. Did you play the french horn? I remember you.  I helped out with marching and drove bus in 82&83. I talked with Cheryl last summer in Dever and I've talked with Richard Kibey last weekend. He is always wanting me to process his drum corps recordings. The Oregon Crusaders are going to be strong this year.  You should join the Argonaut/Flamingo site on yahoo groups.

Yeah Bruce! You got me!!!! WOW. Small world! :P

Everytime I join that group, it goes under, then pops back up months later. So eventually, I quit trying.

• 1 year later...
The thing I remember about Black Watch was they were part of Dennis Delucia's sweep of top drum lines. He had Bridgemen (DCI), BlackWatch ( DCI A) and Sunrisers (DCA) all win top drum lines at Finals.

Funny thing was BalckWatch came in like 6th in drum line prelims...of those were the days!

Wrong Black Watch. The one he's referring to reside on the West coast. Not the East coast.

Rice

Edited by rwrice

I remember all of you guy's! The Northwest had a lot of great and unique corps. What was the corps from Spokane? Renaissance? Had a great brass sound.

Argonauts had the infamous fruit stripe gum uni's. Sorry, but one of the worst uni's in history but a great corps. If I remember Blackwatch had some of the coolest Kiltie type unis with a big black plume. Marauders, chicks in pirate uni's with hip boots B).

The corps from Spokane that I remember was the Percussion-naut Patriots. Is that the one?