some old corps photos

I just realized, I believe this is the throw that we caught on one knee, a few counts before the flags threw over the horn line in the OTL.  Or maybe not... :blink: I need to look again! 

Having been there for a run thru or two.... b**bs ...I think it is the "head chop" in Folk Song Suite.

Truly a horrible still of the rifle in the air.  I'm embarrased!  It's blurry here, but I have this photo in the 81 yearbook.  Of all of the pictures they could have picked, I cannot believe this is the one they put in....UGH!

You can have flawless timing on a rifle toss, the releases are perfect and the rifles' rotations are identical--or, at least, as identical as they can be--in the air, yet they won't look perfectly aligned in a still photo. If you look closely at a still photo of propellers on an airplane, most likely they won't look like they're moving in synch, even though they are. It's one of the drawbacks of still photography capturing fast-moving objects.

I love this photo because it captures the blur of motion, which was so characteristic of Two-Seven guards. That's not pointing out imperfect execution, but the speed with which your visual shows moved.

Edited by byline

Geez, Nancy, I'm surprised you're not critiquing where the hands are supposed to be during the toss! At the waist? On the hips? At the belly button? Now, THOSE are the things that set ME off! Yes, rotation's important, but hands are important too!

Geez, Nancy, I'm surprised you're not critiquing where the hands are supposed to be during the toss! At the waist? On the hips? At the belly button? Now, THOSE are the things that set ME off! Yes, rotation's important, but hands are important too!

The picture they used is so overy disgusting, why get into it all? I'd be here all day, maybe 2! Of all the picture in that yearbook, this is the worst....it was like, they came 2nd, now let's really pour salt in that wound and put in a crappy picture. I know that's not the way it happened, but what a disgrace.

Having been there for a run thru or two.... b**bs ...I think it is the "head chop" in Folk Song Suite.

Didn't have one in Folk Song Suite. b**bs Sorry.....

p.s. do you see any flags behind us or to the side of us, or in front of us????

See, see, that's why you're a drum instructor... :angel: :laugh: :angel:

Didn't have one in Folk Song Suite.  b**bs  Sorry.....

p.s. do you see any flags behind us or to the side of us, or in front of us????

See, see, that's why you're a drum instructor... :angel: :laugh:  :angel:

could this be the end of Danny Boy? we knelt three time during the show. near the end of Folk Song, the solo in 20th Century and the end of Danny Boy.

How cool!  I finally made it into a photo in this wonderful and amazing thread!

Yonnenana, did I mention... You Rock!!  :)  :laugh:

ZenJones, glad i found one with you in it! :P

i think the photo of the Scouts drum line practice from 73 has Dan Guernsey in it and the photo with the two Blue Devils i think has Rich in it!(both are a few pages back now)

anyways, i think i am going to start posting more 80s photos, there seems to be a little loss of interest in the 60s and 70s stuff!

i will still put some of those up too, just more 80s now!