some old corps photos

It could be that many former drum corps participants either don't have internet, don't have access or aren't aware of DCP, or have simply moved on with their lives.

Or maybe they're lurkers at DCP who haven't posted yet, for fear of being either ridiculed, or are just interested in reading stuff here and not posting!

It could be any number or reasons!

Take this guy, for example. John David Pickett JohnPickett-1978.jpg

He was our Baritone soloist in 1977, and a pretty good player. I cannot find him online, and I wonder......How could the Bluecoats have been such a big part of his life, but yet, with the power of the internet, he still does not show up on the Bluecoats alumni site. :ramd: Same with our soprano soloists.

Am I the only old-time Bluecoat (pre 1979), (except for those who went on to teach) that tries to follow the activity?

I respect you all for your opinions, and most of all, for keeping on keeping on. The few, the proud, the DCP.

R

Don't feel alone! There are so many people from my Glassmen days that don't have anything to do with the activity anymore also.

Even with a big push by the Alumni Assoc. because this year is the 45th for the corps, many folks just don't want to get involved anymore, for whatever reason. Like RobH said, there are many different reasons why they choose to remain on the "sidelines" :(

Blue Devils 1981 Whitewater

1981BlueDevils.jpg

More BD 1981- Whitewater

1981BlueDevils2.jpg

1981 BD - Whitewater, again

1981BlueDevils3.jpg

Whooo Hooo! Those are great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Man, their timpani player that year (82 too) (Tom Wieske) was outstanding. Great ear and great chops, both of which you need.