some old corps photos

never mind...

Edited by Lancerlady

Have any more Oakland photos from this show?

A few for Sue, I have 9, I'll put them up in threes.

Wow, thank you (and I'll bet John thanks you, too)! I look forward to seeing the rest! ^OO^

What IS IT with drummers and their chewable chains? :P

(VK standstill Denver 77)

VKDenverColor1.jpg

We've been asking Greg Wilson that same question for 30 years :D

1978. Cathy Smith is the rifle. this is somewhere near the magic trick part of the show. Marimba player is Carol Munro (going to see Tower of Power tonight with her and a couple other folks) the tymp players are Kevin Dunne on left and Dale Gander on right.

Regards,

John Swartz

Tower of Power. Cool. I met M.. years ago and seen shows in California. My brother is in B.C. I remember Dave, Joel, Johnny, Sammy and Ron. DPEmerald pictures are great. I'm starting to remember some names. The photos help. Miss you all. Please tell about TOP. Thanks.

Edited by lindap

(VK standstill Denver 77)

VKDenverColor1.jpg

We've been asking Greg Wilson that same question for 30 years :D

Oh wow a standstill? Where in Denver? We used to do indoor shows in hockey arenas (no ice), bit bigger than a gym, smaller than a field. Acoustics are good? Otherwise good photo, colour, composition, intensity, youth, character. I have run out of photos. Can't leave it all to a few people. Do you have more photos?

whoisthis2.jpg

A very odd photo from a historical perspective. The scoops (only by Ludwig I believe) came out in 1978 or 79, but those tenors are Slingerlands. By 78, Slingerland was making the cut-away "V" style, SCV had them in 1977. Therefore, those tenors are a few years older than the scoops.

The scoop was Ludwig's answer to the Slingerland "V"

As for the Vistalites - the snares were made on the Ludwig Classic snare strainer - a superb product. But the acrylic was heavy, it cracked easily, and the tone quality was different. The shells not only came in "see thru" colors, it was also sold in opaque shells as well. Introduced in 1974 (again - Slingerland had a clear TDR-100 that 27th introduced in 1973), the Vistalite series was a short lived product line for marching percussion. Oddly enough, 27th went from the clear TDR's in 73, to the black Vistalites in 75.

Wow...thats Brass inc. now called Minnesota Brass inc.. I know everyone on that pic

Need some help here, anyone know who this is?

noclueatall.jpg

Thank you. BTW Todd Ryan is the first Mello (#7), First pic. Randy Ferrie who was corps director of MSARP is the third person in the first pic.

A few I found of Madison 78. Robert Pilot should like these.

Wow...again. Thanks.

scouts.jpg

scouts6.jpg

scouts7.jpg

Edited by RobertPi1ot

A few I found of Madison 78. Robert Pilot should like these.

scouts.jpg

scouts6.jpg

scouts7.jpg

theyre number Scouts, scouts6 and scouts7 Do you have any more???

Thats a cool thing about the internet photos taken 29 years ago are just now being seen!

Hey couldnt you have aimed your camera to the side 1 baritones?? Thats where Robert and I were.