some old corps photos

Here is another one from a different angle. Yeah it was in August 77 in downtown Denver. It was near the Central Bank in downtown and was in a courtyard that had a big rock fountain in it. I remember because of the building echo we sounded pretty loud. Yes I've got a ton of photos, most of which are boring. I'm working on posting more though.

I posted some Brussels photos on page 1161. Boots marching on cobble stone. Audience up close and sometimes more interesting than the standstill photo. The sound seemed confusing. We were in the centre of a large square surrounded by buildings. I would love to have a recording to hear how different the sound was.

Edit. ps. I bought Echoes in the Valley book by Jud Spena. Drum corps is wonderful, we are all connected.

Edited by lindap

I remember being scared climbing on that rock formation...the highest perch...me...being afraid of heights and all, holding Nationals.

Nancy

Don't tell anyone but me too. I'm so glad I got out of drum corps before that tall podium thing. Yikes.

Here's a few more.

Great! I'm not in any of 'em, as far as I can tell, but it's still so cool to see these photos after all these years. Thank you! :)

OK, so now, by my count, you've posted crusaders1-5, then 8-9, then 11. So can you also post crusaders6, 7 and 10?

Also, we know these were taken in 1978. Was the show in Michigan City, or where? I seem to have lost track of the location in with all these posts.

Edited by byline

1975 Vanguard. I just got home from work and found this picture attached to an e-mail from my friend Tom Brown who marched in the snare line in 74-75.

After 32 years I finally have a picture of the '75 Vanguard that has me in it, woo hoo! :P

That's me, second from the right.

285709563.jpg

I remember being scared climbing on that rock formation...the highest perch...me...being afraid of heights and all, holding Nationals.

Nancy

You mean this rock formation?

VKDenverGuardonRock.jpg

1975 Vanguard. I just got home from work and found this picture attached to an e-mail from my friend Tom Brown who marched in the snare line in 74-75.

After 32 years I finally have a picture of the '75 Vanguard that has me in it, woo hoo! :P

That's me, second from the right.

285709563.jpg

:blink::blink::laugh:

I wonder how a similar shot of ANY of the 2007 DCI corps would look on in those uniforms, w/ contrasting stripe on dark pants and white shoes. I suspect it would be a tick convention.

You mean this rock formation?

VKDenverGuardonRock.jpg

Awesome photo! Was this in Boulder or Denver? I don't remember this rock formation at all. :laugh:

:blink::blink::laugh:

I wonder how a similar shot of ANY of the 2007 DCI corps would look on in those uniforms, w/ contrasting stripe on dark pants and white shoes. I suspect it would be a tick convention.

It may have been a tick convention for some other corps but the '75 Vanguard were ridiculously clean.

I posted some Brussels photos on page 1161. Boots marching on cobble stone. Audience up close and sometimes more interesting than the standstill photo. The sound seemed confusing. We were in the centre of a large square surrounded by buildings. I would love to have a recording to hear how different the sound was.

Your photos reminded me of the trip we took to Denmark in August. As my father says of nearly everywhere he's traveled in Europe, the buildings there all look like they were built to last. And we saw some gorgeous, intricate brickwork. It must've been an amazing experience to tour Europe in a drum corps!

Great! I'm not in any of 'em, as far as I can tell, but it's still so cool to see these photos after all these years. Thank you! :)

OK, so now, by my count, you've posted crusaders1-5, then 8-9, then 11. So can you also post crusaders6, 7 and 10?

Also, we know these were taken in 1978. Was the show in Michigan City, or where? I seem to have lost track of the location in with all these posts.

Yes all of these are from Michigan City in 1978.

crusaders6.jpg

crusaders7.jpg

crusaders10.jpg

crusaders16.jpg