some old corps photos

Sad looking back on that time on our great activity.... I think often about how many friends that I didn't get to meet BITD... :w00t:

Thank you! The one thing I KNOW is I am is Blessed. God put us together and for that I am thankful every day. :tongue:

I think I literally spend months messing up the "quote" thing till I figured out that all I needed to do be sure that the part I was replying to had the "[ quote ]" (start quote) in the beginning and the "[ /quote ]" (end quote) at the end.... LOL (see I had to edit this post. I added the spaces so it won't actually quote...hehe)

DCP makes a lot of the quoting much easier because all we have to do is left click (highlight) what we want to quote and click the "Wrap in quote tags" button above the text box where all of this is typed...

See, this old dog can learn some thing new! :tongue:

I just screwed up again, so I'm going print these directions out! Thanks!

You're so right about friend that didn't get to meet...so true!!!

Sad looking back on that time on our great activity.... I think often about how many friends that I didn't get to meet BITD... :tongue:

Thank you! The one thing I KNOW is I am is Blessed. God put us together and for that I am thankful every day. :tongue:

I think I literally spend months messing up the "quote" thing till I figured out that all I needed to do be sure that the part I was replying to had the "[ quote ]" (start quote) in the beginning and the "[ /quote ]" (end quote) at the end.... LOL (see I had to edit this post. I added the spaces so it won't actually quote...hehe)

DCP makes a lot of the quoting much easier because all we have to do is left click (highlight) what we want to quote and click the "Wrap in quote tags" button above the text box where all of this is typed...

See, this old dog can learn some thing new! :united:

I just screwed up again, so I'm going print these directions out! Thanks!

Most welcome Nancy, If you print these out you'll be WAY ahead of where I was while working on figuring it out..LOL

You're so right about friend that didn't get to meet...so true!!!

Hopefully I'm making up for my youthful ignorance in the past... The few shows Donna and I are able to get to I find myself saying "Hi" these days to a lot of folks I only knew through DCP and other on line sites... (I even make sure I'm wearing my "DCP-Guess Who" name badge (It says "TennTux" on it) so everyone knows it's me... :w00t: )

Linda-

Thanks for that picture of the Seneca Optimists. In my opinion, one of the best uniforms of all time. Looked especially great at night under the lights. That also goes for Anaheim. Too bad drum corps today have gone away from that military look.

I know Sue, right? Loved those changes we would learn while marching in to perform..!!! :tongue::united::tongue:

Yup, that nearly drove me insane. You, me, everybody!

P.S. No problem about the quotes. Even without them, I could tell what you meant. Gotta love those formatting glitches! :w00t:

Oakland Crusaders from the 1979 US Open Program

I have posted this before but this is a better scan.

OaklandCrusadersfromthe1979USOpenPr.jpg

Edit: By the way, the gal up front is Judy Mackey. She and Marilyn Lewicki were good friends.

Edited by byline

If memory serves me correct, Judy was commuting from Sarnia with you, was she not John?

Judy is from Sarnia, but lived in London during the period she was in Okalands. She did ride along with us to

Toonto on weekends. I seem to remember you hitching a ride once or twice too, but I think we threw you out before we got to practice for some reason :tongue:

Regards,

John

Linda-

Thanks for that picture of the Seneca Optimists. In my opinion, one of the best uniforms of all time. Looked especially great at night under the lights. That also goes for Anaheim. Too bad drum corps today have gone away from that military look.

you're welcome; i knew people that marched there; good people :-)

1978 program, Blue Stars

78-b-stars4.jpg

Judy is from Sarnia, but lived in London during the period she was in Okalands. She did ride along with us to

Toonto on weekends. I seem to remember you hitching a ride once or twice too, but I think we threw you out before we got to practice for some reason :tongue:

Regards,

John

Sorry, I do not recall said occations. :worthy: