some old corps photos

Freelancers (previously included here as individual scans):

freelancers.jpg

North Star, Guardsmen and Kilts:

northstarguardsmenkilts.jpg

Hope it's OK; I did some playing around with these, too:

No problem Sue. I have been using Picture It 2000 for a very long time to enhance photos. I like it because it is simple to use. Later versions are much more complicated so I have stuck with 2000. It makes a big difference but what you are using enhances them even more. I guess it's time to look for something better.

Crossmen:

crossmen1.jpg

crossmen2.jpg

Blue Stars:

bluestars-1.jpg

27th Lancers:

27thlancers.jpg

Well, I seem to have worn out my scanner, as it's not wanting to scan right now. I'll take a break and then try to do the rest of my scrapbook pages later.

I don't know why I have such a problem with those splotches on pretty much any kind of newsprint, but that's long been a problem for me. Anyone have any idea why that's happening? I can't seem to remove the splotches in my photo-enhancement program.

OK, so it sounds like Dale's photos come from two different shows. I'm thinking that this photo (and probably the first nine or so in Dale's group) are from Michigan City, while the remainder are from some other show, possibly Indianapolis:

crusaders7.jpg

I was just in Michigan City in 06. That jewel is still there although the stadium is rebuilt. The grass field is probably the best Ive ever marched on. Pity they keep it that way so a few dozen football types with cleats can rip it up!

OK, scanner is up and running again.

Spirit of Atlanta and Bridgemen:

spiritbridgemen.jpg

Well, I seem to have worn out my scanner, as it's not wanting to scan right now. I'll take a break and then try to do the rest of my scrapbook pages later.

I don't know why I have such a problem with those splotches on pretty much any kind of newsprint, but that's long been a problem for me. Anyone have any idea why that's happening? I can't seem to remove the splotches in my photo-enhancement program.

Its because newspaper and magazine photos are dots and when scanned or manupilated there sometimes emerges a pattern. There is a setting in most scanner software where you tell it youre scanning a news photo and it minimizes the effect of it. Theres also a process called "de-screening" that helps as well (if theyre not one and the same.)