some old corps photos

Those were from the '73-'74  Winter season.  We still had those great metal poles and pikes which were perfectly balanced.  We switched to those icky black fiberglass poles that Summer of '74. 

The girls in the slings were myself and Nancy McDonald (she's the blond).  Bad timing that both of us were not able to use our equipment.  I recall we lost due to a lower GE score than usual.

Yes, I marched with Sudy (heh, I don't remember her maiden name either!)

And you know, her beautiful Daughter Stacy was an announcer for DCI and was in Blast.  Her dad played Contra.  She was definately a true Drum Corps "off spring"  :)

I marched with Stacy! I love Sudy! I talked to her on the phone last night. Stacy is now in San Antonio doing a thing called Riptide at Sea World. Stacy has become a beautifully talented young woman. The word Diva comes to mind.

Ron, maybe if more lady bus drivers wore VK pants you'd say the same thing to them?  :D

Hey, what can I say...they were comfortable.  Add the windblown hair and Ronald McDonald had a bit of competition that year! :P 

CorpsPics010.jpg

P.S.  The Mic hanging out the window?  Why, waiting for the voice of "God" to tell us when to pick up the kids from an exhibition thing in St. Paul MN. '92 I believe.

Maggie,

Did you drive the drum bus in 92?

Be still my faint heart! Red-headed SCV (Ms.) bus driver in Hammer pants! How'd I miss this picture earlier?

Nice picture, Maggie. Another magic moment in transportation history. Betcha that was one of Jackie Gleason's pin-ups on his "Honeymooner's"

bus....well, OK, it SHOULD have been.

Redheads......gotta love 'em.....or they'll kill you.

RON HOUSLEY

Kingsmen Alumni

Ms. Bus Driver Fan