some old corps photos

Awesome, just awesome. Is there anyone in there I would know, Bob?

YEP!

Chris and Mark Mason are both in that shot.

Chris would be the third person from the left in the back row(He was a cymbal player then also)and the third snare over from him is his brother Mark.

The double tenor on the left is the third Mason Brother, Brian but I don't think he went out and marched AK with the other guys, did he?

The tymp on the left was a cousin to the Mason clan(The Glassmen back then were a real "Family Affair") His name was Steve Corey.To my recollection however, Steve never marched anywhere else but Gmen.

Edited by Bob Brady

i have not even really started into the eighties very much yet either! :P

still have a lot to go!

i do have to give alot of credit to Drum Corps News,Drum Corps Digest and Drum Corps America(all no longer around)and their photographers on alot of these!

and also many, many old show programs and corps yearbooks, alot bought by my parents since i was marching during many of these years!

really hope everyone is enjoying these photos and it is so nice to see others adding their photos and finding themselfs or people they marched with in these photos too! :)

it seems to be getting alot of people talking and hopefully alot of the young people marching today are checking out their history, thats what its all about!  :P

I still have about 200+ pages left to read of this thread, and I have loved every page of it! You have some amazing pictures. I'm partial to the SCV ones, though.

Thank you soooo much!!!! ^OO^ ^OO^

BD5TIMES,  I am not even half way through this thread, and for some reason, I can't see ANY of your pix!  I wonder why?    :worthy:

Pics have to be hosted by a third party site such as Photobucket.com.

If the poster exceeded their bandwidth or removed the photos from their account,they won't appear here.

ZenJones, glad i found one with you in it! :P

i think the photo of the Scouts drum line practice from 73 has Dan Guernsey in it and the photo with the two Blue Devils i think has Rich in it!(both are a few pages back now)

anyways, i think i am going to start posting more 80s photos, there seems to be a  little loss of interest in the 60s and 70s stuff!

i will still put some of those up too, just more 80s now!

Do you have any VERY late 80's? Like 89?

Quote(s):

*Don't let him hear you callin' him Rocco! According to him, his name is 'Richard'...LOLOLOL

*That's 'cause that's the name the cops are using to find him. Oh was that outloud??? (Unquote)

What used to really fry him was when Don Porter, Sr. used to call him "Rocky." Personally, I think he used to do it on purpose.

Short version was always "RJO", at least that's the way he used to sign his charts, which I saw courtesy of Mr. Ken Norman.

Sorry I missed seeing him at the last Kingsmen Reunion on June 24th:I haven't seen him since about 1971 when he came over and told me that the warm-up I was using with The Diplomats was a Kingsmen warm-up.

Yeah, like I didn't know who taught me that puppy!

RON HOUSLEY

67 Kingsmen Alumni

71 Diplomats Brass Instructor

FFerns Store Mgr.

Dawn Patrol Surfer

Occasional Bleacher Rat

Edited by ffernbus3