The Return Of DCI's First Champion

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither of those sites give any indication when they plan to field a drum corps, but thanks.

If nothing else, it would be nice to see the Floats get back in the scene, assuming that's who they're looking to head up the percussion, of course.

According to to xkingsmen he (Tom Float) comes around to alumni events...wow!...that would be awesome, but I really think it is in the very preliminary stages...but according to their mission statement, this does look to be a futile endeavor...they seem to be on the right track......waiting!

Edited by felixh

No disrespect meant, but wait you will Felix...I've heard a lot of talk but sadly not much to show for it from the K-Men. Well, actually, that's not entirely true. They did have a really good winter guard for a few years back when I was Vice President of Contests for the Winter Guard Association of Southern California. And they did have that "alumni" type drum line. But no corps...I don't know even if that "Star Corps" idea they had ever went anywhere.

Hoorah! now lets get a star, and a 27th lancers corps back and we will be set!

~>conner

No disrespect meant, but wait you will Felix...I've heard a lot of talk but sadly not much to show for it from the K-Men.  Well, actually, that's not entirely true.  They did have a really good winter guard for a few years back when I was Vice President of Contests for the Winter Guard Association of Southern California.  And they did have that "alumni" type drum line.  But no corps...I don't know even if that "Star Corps" idea they had ever went anywhere.

No direspect taken and thanks for the clarification Ryan. Some of us old pharts get excited when we hear a defunct corps is making a return...the site said that one of their goals was to become DCI Champions again. If it never got off the ground, then maybe it should. The Kingsmen and drum corps in general left such an impact on many of us that I would be willing to lend my assistance in any way to such an undertaking. I am sure that there are many more alumni out there that feel the same way...but thanks for the info. Ryan and hope to read many of your posts to come.

Edited by felixh

Believe it!!!

Richard (Rocco) Oliverio is not involved in this at all. :)

His years of bogus bingo are over. If you check xkingsmen.com Rocco lost his non profit status and has had his bingo operation shut down by the city of Stanton.

Many alumni have vowed to never be a part of the Kingsmen as long as he is around.

With Rocco out of the way the alumni will swarm on this like bees on honey. There are dozens of Kingsmen Alumni out there (Ralph and Float to name a few) that will return this corps to greatness.

This is a steam roller that is not going to stop.

Believe it!!!

Richard (Rocco) Oliverio is not involved in this at all. :)

His years of bogus bingo are over. If you check xkingsmen.com Rocco lost his non profit status and has had his bingo operation shut down by the city of Stanton.

Many alumni have vowed to never be a part of the Kingsmen as long as he is around.

With Rocco out of the way the alumni will swarm on this like bees on honey. There are dozens of Kingsmen Alumni out there (Ralph and Float to name a few) that will return this corps to greatness.

This is a steam roller that is not going to stop.

Oh it's true!! Watch Closely Now!

Oh it's true!! Watch Closely Now!

I'm selecting my chickens now.