Crusaders Alive and Well

I just got an e mail from another great mellophone player that will be there this weekend. Horn line seems to be filling up fast...still need some pit percussionists and guard members.

I am trying to re-psyche myself for this procedure tomorrow. And stay ahead of Dave Keck in recruiting. LOL :P

Donny

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to re-psyche myself for this procedure tomorrow. And stay ahead of Dave Keck in recruiting. LOL :P

Donny

No chance... he's on his 5th Brit to ever march Brigs, and 7th German! the guys a Recruitment Maniac - I don't even want to march anymore :ph34r:

And it's nothing to do with his pool or hot tub. Honest! Hope you are having a good season at the Cru, be good to see you guys this year.

Damon

Brit Brig 02-05

Well Damon...let's figure it out.

I have recruited 40 something horns to a corps that didn't take a step on a football field last year.

He has recruited only so many horns to a corps that came in a very close second ....with many horns players returning, the lure of Gino, and Wayne and a wonderful recent history in DCA competiton. I win!!!! :P

Granted, I know Dave personally...he is relentless. But he also makes people mad.

I would love to have him on my team anytime. But I was doing what he does WAY before he was...and did my best NOT to make people mad.

BTW...I am not mad at Dave. I appreciate what he does. I am just better at it than he is. LMAO!!!!!! That is why he is mad at me...LOL :P :P :P :P

Donny

Oh yeah...and 5 drummers as well LMAO :P

Well Damon...let's figure it out.

I have recruited 40 something horns to a corps that didn't take a step on a football field last year.

He has recruited only so many horns to a corps that came in a very close second ....with many horns players returning, the lure of Gino, and Wayne and a wonderful recent history in DCA competiton. I win!!!! :P

Granted, I know Dave personally...he is relentless. But he also makes people mad.

I would love to have him on my team anytime. But I was doing what he does WAY before he was...and did my best NOT to make people mad.

BTW...I am not mad at Dave. I appreciate what he does. I am just better at it than he is. LMAO!!!!!! That is why he is mad at me...LOL :P  :P  :P  :P

Donny

haha, all true I'm sure, and as I said, it will be good to see you - I think the rest of DCA will be feeling the same!

You did not pick up on one of my points... do you have a pool and hot tub? If so, maybe you could convince me too! I don't know my DCA history that well being a 'foreigner', so will not go any deeper on when brigs recruited with the lure of Wayne etc, or if they were full size pre-99. So will stop there!

I have heard of your fine self though - maybe this year I will get a chance to talk to you in person rather than on here. Every year I enjoy the feeling being within DCA, a friendliness that has me travel 4000 miles every year, shall we say.

Damon

Just got the call this AM...my pit guys are coming this weekend. At least SOME of them.!!!!!

What may have thought of as a weakness has just become a strength.

And, Damon...I speak in fun about Dave Keck. We are friends most of the time. Except when he tries to keep recruiting my son from me this summer. I know that Timmy is good but he IS my son. Dave and I are still friends...he has a job to do.

Anyway...I love the Brigs and I have a little history there myself. It is a well run corps and a great organization. Sometimes I wish I had all of that talent to work with again...but if I have to teach by rote, or note, or whatever it will take...the CRUSADERS WILL BE ON THE FIELD THIS YEAR!!!!!

You see, my job description at Cru is a combination of what Rick Morey, Wayne Downey, Gino, Pete Blake, and Dave Keck do. And I don't mind at all.

Hoping to meet you this summer....

Donny

OH...one more thing Damon.

I have no hot tub or pool...but Mike Linton (Cru director) has a cottage on beautiful Sodus Bay with boats and jet skis and bars strategically placed around the bay. In fact our last Brit that played with Cru...actually lived there for the whole entire summer of swimming, fishing, drinking and DRUM CORPS!!!!

Is it too late?????j/k

LOL,

DONNY

Donny,

Can we start calling you "DK" Donny keck?.....LOL.

Great news about the pit guys. I can't wait.

Damon,

We are not all private jet plane pilots so we don't all have the finer things like hot tubs but I can have some of our Baritone player put the bells of thier horns into the water and blow some air if that would help make you decide to be with us this summer...lol.