1989 Madison Scouts - Visual Performance

Wow! It's so bizarrely refreshing to read humility regarding someone's old show on here!!! :P

Regardless of the scores, the 89 Madison show will always remain one of my favorites.

Dont you remember that in 1989, prelims were a random draw and there was no set "order" of appearance.....??

You had a corps like the Railmen going on right after SCV  :music:

This totally affected scoring and placement and is why some of the numbers were out of line for prelims......BTW, 89 Scouts visual performance was quite good, carriage, transition, and impact were all tight.

~G~

That was Quaters, and Quarters determined the order for Semis. We were 2nd in VP in Semis. Performance order had little to do with it. Maybe we were a lot cleaner in Semis. I just know the passthrough at the end of the opener in finals looked as dirty as it did day one - I'm guessing.

Wow!  It's so bizarrely refreshing to read humility regarding someone's old show on here!!!  :P

Regardless of the scores, the 89 Madison show will always remain one of my favorites.

Thank you. It took a long time to get there. At the time, I seriously thought we were screwed. Heck, I thought, at the time, we should have beaten Phantom - haha! I guess years and an open mind can do wonders to make you see things more clearly. It was gutting to get beat by Star at finals, but they were so #### good. Surely one of the best 6th place corps ever! I loved their opener that year and the ballad too was gorgeous.

Wow!  It's so bizarrely refreshing to read humility regarding someone's old show on here!!!  :P

Agreed.

"Make His Praise Glorious" is one #### of a chart. ^0^

Eh. I love that show. First time I ever saw Madison live. It's one of the Mad shows I still play frequently, after all these years.