1957 American Legion Finals

1957 American Legion Nationals - Atlantic City, NJ (Convention Center)

1. 87.68 Archer Epler Musketeers (DQ'D)

2. 87.65 Syracuse Brigadiers

3. 87.63 Reilly Raiders (DQ'D)

4. 87.23 Hawthorne Caballeros

5. 87.21 Skiokie Indians

6. 85.70 Connecticut Yankees

Okay, I'll bite, what happened?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reilly, Archie and Harvey Seeds Rebels (Miami, FL) - DQ'ed for "not declaring their non-veteran members". Taken from www.srcorps.com.

VFW in the 50s had Open and Closed classes based on the percentage of Vets in the corps.

Reilly, Archie and Harvey Seeds Rebels (Miami, FL) - DQ'ed for "not declaring their non-veteran members". Taken from www.srcorps.com.

VFW in the 50s had Open and Closed classes based on the percentage of Vets in the corps.

Thanks....I was kind of hoping it was something a bit more romantic, like brawling on the field, but what are you going to do.

Seeing how it was Achie and Reilly with their great rivalry guess anything would be possible. :P

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Bob Hoehn here. I was a 16-year old first baritone player for Harvey Seeds that year. Had marched with them a couple years before getting "caught" being underage and not a veteran. Sorry about that guys!

After getting caught I went on to march with Jr corps, Miami Vanguard, Miami Crusaders and Chicago Cavaliers.

The Contest in Atlantic City was a nightmare, an indoor venue, corps at each other throats. One incident included the Reilly Raiders and their arch rival Archer Epler Muskateers. Reilly's bass drummers dropped thumb tack on the contest floor because Eplers Drum major was dressed like the King from King & I (their program), and he went barefooted. Ouch

The Contest in Atlantic City was a nightmare, an indoor venue, corps at each other throats. One incident included the Reilly Raiders and their arch rival Archer Epler Muskateers. Reilly's bass drummers dropped thumb tack on the contest floor because Eplers Drum major was dressed like the King from King & I (their program), and he went barefooted. Ouch

So that wasn't an Drum Corps (Urban) legend then - thanks b**bs

Ahhhhhhh the good old days!!!! :)

Hello,

Bob Hoehn here. I was a 16-year old first baritone player for Harvey Seeds that year. Had marched with them a couple years before getting "caught" being underage and not a veteran. Sorry about that guys!

After getting caught I went on to march with Jr corps, Miami Vanguard, Miami Crusaders and Chicago Cavaliers.

I think Charlie Esher still has a voodoo doll of you. ^0^

Hello,

Ah yes....I'm sorry I missed those days. I was hoping that something like this was going on though.