Corps Member Then and Now

It's amazing who people say they marched with, whether it is true or not. We had yearbooks when I was with the Phantom Regiment, so verifying who marched in years past before wasn't much of a problem.

I wonder how many corps had year books? We did and I think I recall LancerFi saying they did too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star of Indiana had yearbooks from the beginning on. I never got one back then, but when we had our reunion last year I was able to buy a 1985 copy.

I think over the final years of the corps the format switched to a video yearbook.

The Evansville show...I bet the Reitz Bowl is a whole lot smaller than it seemed way back when. (In reply to a remark byline made a couple pages back...)

I wonder how many corps had year books? We did and I think I recall LancerFi saying they did too.

I know Santa Clara did, because I have theirs from 1978.

The Evansville show...I bet the Reitz Bowl is a whole lot smaller than it seemed way back when. (In reply to a remark byline made a couple pages back...)

Could be . . . especially from a marcher's perspective. I've only ever been there as a spectator. (Always wished Oakland could've made it to that show while I was marching, but alas, it was never to be.) But it's still a pretty great venue!

If you completed the season with us. I would classify alumnus as one who has completed tour.

I say this because one of our baritone players in 85 had his appendix removed and stood on the sidelines...in uniform while we performed at finals. Technically, he wasn't on the field. He went through the entire offseason with us and every performance up until Stillwater when he went to the hospital. He was a talented baritone player and I consider him to be an alumni of the corps.

If you completed the season with us. I would classify alumnus as one who has completed tour.

I say this because one of our baritone players in 85 had his appendix removed and stood on the sidelines...in uniform while we performed at finals. Technically, he wasn't on the field. He went through the entire offseason with us and every performance up until Stillwater when he went to the hospital. He was a talented baritone player and I consider him to be an alumni of the corps.

Ours was just a little different, a graduate was 2 or more years and I thought they had to be consecutive - they wanted to make sure the torture came in a very long 2 year blast... :P

A person who marched one year while aging out was considered an "associate alum"

But the "graduate" thing is very clear - more than 1 year - and what I believe had to be consecutive.

Either way it's all good....alums are alums I guess.