1990 Star of Indiana

I don't know what's more annoying, "Oh my God, babies burning" or "YYYEEEAHHH!" in Roman Images when no one was clapping.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

I don't know what's more annoying, "Oh my God, babies burning" or "YYYEEEAHHH!" in Roman Images when no one was clapping.

I think "Oh my God, the baby's burning" is great because it was a statement to the fact that DCI's baby had grown up into a powerhouse championship caliber corps.

babies is the plural of baby by the way. It's "baby's burning", not "babies burning!"

• Like 1

Oh I thought the "baby" comment was great, like said above. I think those random crowd shouts are one of the many things that make drum corps great, unless it's stupid, completely out of place, not appropriate, or stolen. Ones that come to mind are "CHRYSTALLL" (SCV 00), "Lisa's an American Bada**" (BD 04), and that random scream in Cavies 99 <**> There's more, but you get the idea.

• Like 1

Interesting to read all of your comments. Two of our three Star guys were in the 1990 show. Trying to find both of them at the same time was a challenge ... :worthy: ... but, even though I treasure each year each of them marched with Star in the different shows, 1990 (and'91, for different reasons) were at the top of my all-time list of breathtaking work on the field.

Thank you for starting this thread. And, to find it in "Historical" ... it's really been 15 years, hasn't it?

Hearing the horn and drumline play at the reunion last May brought all of the good memories back.

Baby ... what baby??? Sorry ... couldn't resist. :P

• Like 1

I think "Oh my God, the baby's burning" is great because it was a statement to the fact that DCI's baby had grown up into a powerhouse championship caliber corps.

babies is the plural of baby by the way.  It's "baby's burning", not "babies burning!"

I found out on the star alumni forum that some people were actually shouting "Oh My God It's Davie Bernas".

Here's the quote from the Star board:

"Baby's aren't burning...

This is what was said "Oh My God It's Davie Bernas". The reason I know is that I know the guys who said it. I live in Buffalo, the finals in 90 were in Buffalo. Davie Bernas was a bass drum player in this senior corps drum line that used to be the Hamburg Kingsmen. These guys were probably as drunk as a skunk and just wanted to be obnoxious. "

Still pretty annoying if you ask me but atleast it's not as out there as "oh my god the baby is burning!"

Edited by Medeabrass

I found out on the star alumni forum that some people were actually shouting "Oh My God It's Davie Bernas". 

Davie was a member of Star in 90.

Still pretty annoying if you ask me but atleast it's not as out there as "oh my god the baby is burning!"

I was told it was "oh my god the gravy is burning!"

Had something to do with two of the corps cooks getting it... well you know.

Edited by bssop97

• 14 years later...

Finding this thread in 2020. I marched in the mello line for this show. So great to hear the comments here. It was my only year in DCI, and one of the greatest summers of my life. To get to play that music, be around George Zingali, Jim Prime, Donnie Van Doren and other DCI legends...I only appreciated it years later. While I love that some people think so highly of this show, it’s very different having marched it. I have a hard time thinking of it in the same way as any other DCI shows. I see all the imperfections. It’s like knowing how the sausage is made. I loved that show, but loving a show as a fan is better I think. Anyway, thanks for the comments.