Stockton Predictions

I don't know... I think it will be close between the top two groups, and the same for the other three.

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

Seattle Cascades

Pacific Crest

Mandarins

With that said, I remember a season or two ago, Seattle opened at their first show, ahead of both corps, and by more than 2 points. So this talk about first show jitters may not be an issue, considering Seattle has had two dress performances in front of big crowds. I'd say they are more than ready to go out tomorrow! It will be a great show!

I don't know... I think it will be close between the top two groups, and the same for the other three.

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

Seattle Cascades

Pacific Crest

Mandarins

With that said, I remember a season or two ago, Seattle opened at their first show, ahead of both corps, and by more than 2 points. So this talk about first show jitters may not be an issue, considering Seattle has had two dress performances in front of big crowds. I'd say they are more than ready to go out tomorrow! It will be a great show!

"I even found myself jumping up and yelling in celebration when a rotation just locked in right away and I felt chills go down my back." - A quote from a post my son has on the Cascade website - any of you that know Jared, know that this is not a normal reaction in how he reacts to things....much more laid back - if the Cascades could get that sort of rise from him as not only an alumni but also as a prior staff member.....and you are right - two full dress rehearsals under their belts with the full show may make some people take notice. I wish them well.

"I even found myself jumping up and yelling in celebration when a rotation just locked in right away and I felt chills go down my back." - A quote from a post my son has on the Cascade website - any of you that know Jared, know that this is not a normal reaction in how he reacts to things....much more laid back - if the Cascades could get that sort of rise from him as not only an alumni but also as a prior staff member.....and you are right - two full dress rehearsals under their belts with the full show may make some people take notice.  I wish them well.

Yes,....best of luck to Cascades tonight,...and throughout the season! I know we'll be pulling for the home team!

Nate B)

With that being said, what has been seen already in SoCal last weekend would indicate that both Mandarins AND PC can make a push for Top 12, if they are able to maintain their progress and not peak too soon, as has been the case with Mandarins (mostly) the last couple years.  Having seen the shows, PC's has far more potential to be a Finalist calibur show than the Mandarins, whose show is relatively clean and simple comparably.  Also seeing that PC had some "off" nights last weekend and STILL managed to score where they did, I'd be willing to bet PC pulls ahead of Mandarins again.

I would have to disagree that Mandarins have peaked early in previous years--I think their problem was that they never actually DID get to peak and still had much cleaning to do. It looks like they've got a larger and potentially more talented corps this year, so it'll be interesting to see if they can shake whatever curse they've had the past couple years and move up in the ranks.

PC has been very consistent the past couple years as well, so I would wholly expect them to make a run for semis and beyond as well.

I'm guessing for tonight:

1. PR - 80.25

2. SCV - 78.55

3. Cascades - 69.80

4. Mandarins - 69.10

5. PC - 68. 75

Not too long before we find out!