Corps That You Would Love To See And Hear Again!

now hopefully I won't be misunderstood, but I would love to see and hear a Racine Kilties jr. corps again - this does NOT, repeat NOT, mean that I am saying anything negative about the current Kiltie Sr. Corps - it's simply a personal input based on a time long passed where a local junior corps comprised of young folks with little to no musical experience, education, or training, somehow came together and made something wonderful happen. With a LOT of help from staff, parents, local volunteers, and city/statewide support.

Rob, that would be nice, a Jr. Kiltie corps presence!

As far as Kingsmen, we're working on that on both the Jr. and Alumni Corps level and I'm not surprised about the latter considering the state of enthusiasm at the last Kingsmen Alumni Reunion Lunch last June. If it can be pulled off I believe the people involved are the ones to do it.

RON HOUSLEY

07 Kingsmen Alumni Corps

Well, you asked for it

ArgoNauts

and the list goes on and on

Thank you Keith! I'll be taking the field in your backyard in two weeks!

/picks up bugle and fracks a few notes...

er...maybe a bit longer.

Edited by apoch003

Allow me to let you guys in on a little secret.....

The Bridgemen are back and I've seen 'em!

shhhhh....keep it quiet, ok? :sshh:

My vote would go to the Kilties Junior as well.  When you went to a show with your corps and saw all the kilts in a long straight line headed for the stadium you just kinda thought...well second place is nice too! :worthy:

Everyone that wants to see The Big Blue (Anaheim Kingsmen) on the field at DCI in 2007 go to xkingsmen.com and forward the letter we are sending to DCI! You remember the Kingsmen... The Wall of sound, The precise marching, That COLOR GUARD!! and by the way The Kingsmen were the 1st DCI champion! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Also, past management (and we all know who that is) is not involved in any way shape or form. This is all being done by alumni and only alumni! SPECTEMUR AGENDO! :ramd:

Edited by 77kingsmensnare

Man, it would be great to see the Kingsmen back as a Jr. Corps. They were my second favorite corps growing up (can you say Mambo?). Good Luck, maybe that will get a more "old school" movement going with drum corps.

I agree on the Kilties, we had a great rivalry with them. I thought I saw that the Blue Stars where going back to Division I next year. I think that's great. Back in the 60's and 70's there were so many great corps from Wisconsin, all with local talent and a lot of community connectedness.

My God, I've become a sniveling oldster.

Man, it would be great to see the Kingsmen back as a Jr. Corps.  They were my second favorite corps growing up (can you say Mambo?).  Good Luck, maybe that will get a more "old school" movement going with drum corps. 

I agree on the Kilties, we had a great rivalry with them.  I thought I saw that the Blue Stars where going back to Division I next year.  I think that's great.  Back in the 60's and 70's there were so many great corps from Wisconsin, all with local talent and a lot of community connectedness.

My God, I've become a sniveling oldster.

The post about needing your support is for the 2007 Alumni Corps, and The Kingsmen will also have a Jr Corps called The Kingsmen Star Corps, and they will also need lots of support!!

Edited by 77kingsmensnare

I agree with everyone who has said "Racine Jr Corps". My particular interest would probably be the 1967 Racine Kilties.

Regardless of how different the DCI shows and musical background of the members are today from how things were back then, I would love to see what a champion looked, felt and acted like in 1967. It would certainly be something I'd never forget.

(Also, I work with a guy who was in the Kilties of 1967 and it'd be kewl to have seen them.)

Edited by bradrick