The Loudest Crowd Response ....

Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Which event or Corps drew the loudest crowd response?

• 1992 - The VK Shark
    • 1995 - The end of Madison's "A Drum Corps Fans Dream"
    • 1997 - The end of Madison's "Pirates of Lake Mendota"
    • 2002 - Cavaliers "Fight Club"
    • 2003 - The End of Phantom's Harmonic Journey (and FINALLY ending on a resolving chord)

Yeah..... Thanks for bringing up such a found memory of the love shared that night for Star.

<**>

Not sure if it's any consolation or not, but Star '92 has always been one of my favorite shows, especially the ending sequence and "Amber Waves". I saw them live three times in the last two weeks of the season and STILL don't know how Cavies and Cadets placed higher (especially Cavies, I just never quite got into that show).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh:

I guess that maybe I've gotten a little feeble in my old age...But I can't recall Spirit having only 52 horns in 1980. I can't remember them being under 60 until maybe later after they started to struggle with money and numbers. Can someone verify that?

That would be 60. 18sop, 8flu, 4mel, 6frh, 16bari, 8con. Sops and Baris on double piston Ultratone IIs, Flugels on brand new double piston Kings, everybody else on p/r Ultratones.

That would be 60. 18sop, 8flu, 4mel, 6frh, 16bari, 8con. Sops and Baris on double piston Ultratone IIs, Flugels on brand new double piston Kings, everybody else on p/r Ultratones.

they marched a huge drumline...im assuming they needed the extra spaces for this...but with jim ott's intelligent arranging and handling of the hornline, that hornline always sounded bigger than they were. I think in 81 the hornline was small too...the drumline was unbelivabley huge...they were very good (way deserved to beat bridgemen for drums...they did in execution)...but they overbalanced a lot.

they marched a huge drumline...im assuming they needed the extra spaces for this...but with jim ott's intelligent arranging and handling of the hornline, that hornline always sounded bigger than they were. I think in 81 the hornline was small too...the drumline was unbelivabley huge...they were very good (way deserved to beat bridgemen for drums...they did in execution)...but they overbalanced a lot.

I was there at Legion Field in 1980, and I did not see 60+ horns..............the person who marched Spirit says they did, but I saw a huge drumline and a smaller hornline. Not EVERY hornline in Div I was 60-64 horns back then............

Well.........whatever size the hornline was...........they were LOUD!!!!!!!

I think in 81 the hornline was small too...the drumline was unbelivabley huge...they were very good (way deserved to beat bridgemen for drums...they did in execution)...but they overbalanced a lot.

That would be the 1980 drum line. In 1981, Spirit was 3rd in Perc Execution and 4th in drums overall.

That would be the 1980 drum line. In 1981, Spirit was 3rd in Perc Execution and 4th in drums overall.

thanks for the correction! B)

81 was a cranking line, though...still better than bridgemen.....after all 7 basses...playing flam drags clean? way ahead of its time.

1982 SCV "Bottle Dance"

1992 VK "Shark"

1995 Madison "Ending"

1977 Bridgemen "Faint"

1984 Garfield "fold to company front"

1980 Cavaliers "Stepping over the guard"

1987 SCV "End of show magic tricks"

Not in any particular order. . .

Just moments of sheer pandamonium. . .

:lol::lol::lol: