Dallas

Ken, I just got off the phone with Dan (The 60 Minute Man) and we were both kind of playing devils advocate....on Saturday, if SCV kind of tanks one and BK, Gmen, Boston pop one, SCV could be in 11th! I never in a million years would have imagined that.

Conversely, I think Bluecoats in 4th and pushing 3rd is a definite possibility on Saturday (This one, next one, and August 13). This is a great time to be Blue!

DW

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soak it in and keep pushing. Darren- I'm so proud of David, Bill, the entire staff, kids and especially the management. Brad, you, Fran and Gerry - everyone has worked so hard to make this season possible. Right decisions by the right people at the right time and for ALL the right reasons. Thanks.

Art is happy.

I do think the Bluecoats are looking at a potential top 5 finish, but Madison and Phantom still stand in their way.  They will have to take one of those two corps, and that will not be easy. 

At this point, I still see Cavaliers, Cadets, and Blue Devils and the top 3, but the next three are very close to the top 3 (Phantom, Madison, and Bluecoats).  This will definitely be fun and one heck of a finish this season.

Jonathan

Yeah... and not to point out the obvious, but it's always a dog fight to the end... I mean, look at last year's scores at this time... Bluecoats were hovering in 8-9 place by score! then comes quarterfinals and Bloo, Crown, BAC and Madison were all within about 0.20 points, or something crazy like that.

This will be a very exciting last few weeks. :)

Good luck to all the corps performing in SA this weekend... I can't wait to see the shows.

1 Blue Devils 88.900

2 Bluecoats 87.400

Wow.

3 Carolina Crown 84.650

4 Santa Clara Vanguard 82.800

Wow.

4 Santa Clara Vanguard 82.800

5 Blue Knights 82.650

6 Glassmen 81.900

Wow.

What suspense as we head into San Antonio. This is great for the activity. Anything can happen from here to the end!

LOL too many blues on the field

Let's see...

Blue Devils

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Blue Stars

Did I miss any? lol. I wonder why Blue is so popular in drum corps!

GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap Reg only .05 behind Southwind. Go royal blue! :D

and the Bluecoats - rocking! I cannot wait to get to my scheduled DCI shows!

I'll reiterate how blown away I was by the 'coats...the show is a design feast. 11-1/2 minutes of sheer drum corps enjoyment. Couldn't get the stupid grin off my face for the next couple of days after the performance.

I'm pulling for PR, of course, but Bluecoats are awesome this year...and personally, I'm thrilled that they're doing so well. :)

Congrats to all of those corps that are doing so well this season and "climbing the ladder!" It's always tough to see that happen at the expense of your own corps though. :( I suppose it means a lot to beat a corps like SCV, even if SCV isn't in the top 5 this season.

Congrats to all of those corps that are doing so well this season and "climbing the ladder!"  It's always tough to see that happen at the expense of your own corps though. :(  I suppose it means a lot to beat a corps like SCV, even if SCV isn't in the top 5 this season.

Great to get a nice compliment from someone involved in a corps whose corps just got beat. Unfortunately, there are many out there who would get ps'd off and slam a corps for beating their corps.

SCV will be back -- if not this year, soon.

As was already said, there are now just two corps the Bluecoats have never beaten -- BD and Cadets -- and they've beaten both of them in various sub-captions this season already. Great year for the corps -- and yet, with Madison and PR doing so well, they still could finish exactly where they were last year!

- R -

Edited by BlueR36