Cavies Screamer

Hey, I listened and as a trumpet player, I say bravo and WOW  :worthy: ! Nothing wrong or violating musicality there that I perceive.

Geneva! Say hi from some of us old pharts to the folks at Might St. Joe's. I got to DCA last year for the first time in about 25 years and enjoyed the alumni corps most of all....particularly St. Joe's. You guys stay green....Bully!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you people heard that trumpet scream about 3/4 of the way through the Cavies show tonight?  Right after a impact chord in the jazzy piece he rips up extremely high very much sounding like a real scream.  Just wondered if anyone else heard this thing!  :worthy:

Actually it's approximately 9:30 into the show.

I hear a solo trumpet glissing up, immediately followed by a shrill, high-pitched whistle from the stands. I don't hear anything being played unmusically.

Well, it is jazz... and they have atleast 8 performance to make it finals worthy.  I guess I'm one of the few that gets jostled any time a drum corps plays "that really, really high note."  Maybe it's because I play brass, dunno.

Yeah, cause jazz doesn't require good sound or technique anyway. Right? I mean, it's JUST JAZZ! It's okay to make mistakes and sound bad. :worthy:

I hate trumpet players who think they are Manard Ferguson in his prime....cause 99% of the time they suck.

Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with it. He was commenting sarcastically that jazz doesn't require "good sound or technique". That has nothing to do with where anyone marched.

I haven't heard the apd, so I don't know what it sounded like, but I trust that if there are performance technique issues, they will be worked out before I see them at quarters. If not, well then we can all complain some more.