Fuel Costs Hitting Some Corps Hard

Both gas cards to whichever of these two corps comes out on top?

On top in drums?!?!?! Or overall????

Game on, Pride of Newark!!!

:)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta show some love to the alma mater corps - so in addition to my tour shirt purchase, I'll be forking over some gas money. :)

C'mon lets not make this another thread about bashing you know who..this is about helping out corps that need help. Seriously....I am picking Memphis Sound cause it's my hometown corps and I think division 2/3 corps need the biggest help of all personally...but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, pick a corps and send in some money whatever you can afford.  :)

I gave to Memphis because they are in my home state but I think I'm gonna take out some cash to give at the souvie stands for the show tomorrow night at MTSU for any corps that has a bucket for fuel. I can only do about $20 per corps but like stated earlier, ever little bit helps!

Does that money actually go to the corps or to DCI?

It goes to the corps but not the full amount. Don't know the percentage but some of it has to go towards the service being offered by DCI. I know for popular music artists, they get about 75% of downloadable purchased songs from like iTunes. I'm sure it's the same with DCI and the APDs.

So, does this problem also apply to those corps who are chartering buses?  I had thought the fuels on charters was always included in the rental price, but can they raise the price after contract signing to compensate for fluctuating fuel prices?

No, the corps pays the fuel, even on chartered busses. They pay a rental for the time they need the busses and the rental company covers any repair costs but the corps pays the fuel out of pocket.

On top in drums?!?!?!  Or overall????

Vic,

Let's do a little of both. We're each putting up $30 for gas.

How about $15 each to the overall winning corps and $15 each

to the winning drumline.

I know Scouts have a small advantage (for now) score wise,

but hey it is Blue's home show :)

p.s. If we get a certain couple of judges from one of the

Oklahoma shows....all bets are off! ^0^