ESPN2 Time Change

Just found this on a search. DCI has advertised it at starting at 9:00 PM EDT. According to ESPN2 it will begin at 10:00 PM EDT. Just a heads up. DCI did say the date and time were subject to change.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlisting...rk=02&sport=all

Well these business people (ESPN) are thinking about the money more than "getting better coverage for finals." Like that exists. DCI's just another nonprofit to ESPN, who's looking to make some money. Respect? lol

That's a little late, isn't it?

Seems like in order to get the maximum exposure to the kids, it would come on a little earlier. Oh, well...I'm gonna have to watch it on TiVo anyway. :P

I had to wait until 2AM till I got to see last year's program on PBS...and the year before I was up at 5:30AM waiting to watch it (too early for me) ....I hate PBS...

Well, once it's on, my experiences with ESPN2 is that it will be re-broadcast to fill in during slow times. It will get so much more future exposure then PBS that it will end up being a big deal over the long run. Anyone ever remember watching cheerleader competitions months after they happened and then seeing the same #### competition a few weeks later. Not saying that I obsessively watch cheerleader competitions, though there is nothing wrong with that.

On another ESPN2 note, couple horns got together for some relaxation after rehearsal last night, and on ESPN2 in the bar was:

Multiple choice question:

- intensely fought over competition between two elite level soccer teams

- sem-pro hockey (sorry, canadians, the strike is over, though)

- PROFESSIONAL EATING

Yes, PROFESSIONAL EATING was on last night at about 9:30 or so. But remember some of the other shows that are on PBS. Which would you rather watch after your drum corps show? Professional eating or the tell-all expose on a formerly unknown participant in the civil war. I choose the first, just for the 'car wreck' psyche of most of us.

Wow, all that came out of me in the early morning.

Good day,

Bob

7:00 PST isn't bad at all :P

ironic though that it is coming on right after a football special.

Actually, 10PM isn't a bad time slot, folks..... At least DCI is on a major network, not to mention the fact that 10PM Eastern is really 9PM Central; 8PM Mountain and 7PM Pacific!!!

As I see things, it may be a tad late for those of us in the Eastern time zone, but not a bad time for everyone else.

:)

At least DCI is finally on ESPN. It's a start, and for that alone we should all be greatful.