Star 1993- Utter Crap or Musical Masterpiece?

What are your feelings on the music of Star's 1993 show?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feelings on the music of Star's 1993 show?

• It's some of the best to be put on the field
    • It's average
    • It's horrible

Mark works for Cook Inc. now. You can probably reach him there.

One more tired note on the "rich kids" theme:

The corps played the same 2-valve King bugles from 85 - 93. The kids care of those horns through the years, the very talented Eric Lund patching them together when needed, and their technique made them sound great...even when many of the corps they were beating in horns were "upgrading" their equipment on a regular basis.

Sara, hold out for big money. You can throw mine in the auction too, if you'd like.

Peace,

Karen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the best drum corps show ever, it's not musical crap....it's just different.

The show was "different" in 1993, BUT after seeing some of the stuff that corps are putting out during this post-amp, post-microphone era, Star 1993 was tame. It's still in my top 5 favorite shows ever. :blink:

Guest DrumCorpFan

They had great talent, but I never cared for the show, especially the first half. Old ladies were yelling "when are you going to show me something" which is how I felt. Didn't like it and still don't, even with the post-mortum hype. I liked Cadets much better in '93

Sara, hold out for big money.  You can throw mine in the auction too, if you'd like.

Karen & Sara,

Maybe you should hold on to those shirts. Selling them away is a bit of a slap at the other alums who remember you fondly, and want you guys around us again.