Phantom Regiment's 50th anniversary...

Euph?  Yes, I played euph serial number 1.  If you are who I think you are, then yes we did march near each other and also remember you and I had a bit of a mishap near the end of the opener at the Pensacola show in '83. 

I wish we had a video of our marching warmup performance from '82.  In fact, I'd be happy with an audio recording of our marching warmup.

Did we do a switchie placie thing? :sshh:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played it as a 'marching warmup' off and on..

to add to this, the corps played it in their 1969 show. not listed on corpsreps.com, but my father and husband both have a recording of it from fleetwood, midwest 1969. i remember hearing it and calling it "spooky music" as a very small child, in monroe, wi at the cheese days contest.

Ü

jan

If anyone still cares...

I went back and listened to the tune and, yes that was our marching warmup in '86. UGH! <**>

Now for the 50th thread....

SUTA!

Beowulf by Francis Macbeth

I had the joy of listening to this piece for the first time this past week. I thought about how awesome it would be to have a drum corps do this piece, it is so dark and foreboding. Plus it starts on a high C for trumpet, cold. It might be a little too modern for Regiment though, it's definantly not classical.

Phantom AT the Opera. That's neat. :)

I believe that was the working title of the show in 1991.

The choral works of Eric Whitacre.

Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine

When David Heard

Five Hebrew Love Songs

etc. etc.

I promise, When David Heard would be one of the greatest drum corps moments of all time.

This would be beautiful, for real. But Water Night would be my pick as the ballad.

Oh! Oh! How about thier old drum major salute. When he (or now she) would march though the rifle line while they tossed to each other in front and behind him. As for Ballad. I vote for for............. Debusy's.........:blink: Engulfed Cathedral. God what I wouldn't give to hear Phantoms hornline play that! That would be after they played Corigliano's Symphony #1 Talk about dark and brooding modernist classical music! Then They could finish off with Death Hunt.

Or........

I'll take Spartacus for $1000.00 Alex.

Edited by MelloNell

Did we do a switchie placie thing?  :sshh:

dang it all! i'm trying to remember you guys (i marched with both of you) but i can't do it without a name!!!!!

Ü

jan (huffman....color guard 83-85)

dang it all!  i'm trying to remember you guys (i marched with both of you) but i can't do it without a name!!!!!

Ü

jan (huffman....color guard 83-85)

phooey! posting under hubby's screen name.....ah rats, did it again!

Ü

jan