Pyware Users...

I'm doing 8 including my own. I generally write for small bands, I mean real small, 3 of mine are under 30 horns and my band only has 31. That presents a whole world of issues. The most I've ever done in a season is 10...that was rough. One of these is for a very good friend who does'nt compete so I just try to make it easy to teach and learn. My worst nightmare is writing costom drill for an awful package show.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see the box tool become easier to use.  It always tells me that the form is too big for the amount of people.  I have tried unlocking intervals and other things, but to no luck.  I just end up making boxes, manually.

One thing that i've also found with the box tool is that even if you get it right, the performers aren't -exactly- on the grid.. so, I usually go to 'snap to' and snap them to the whole step or half step grid and it fixes the problem.

I also just got 3.0 and I'm VERY excited about the adjuster tool.. this will be a great time saver.. I also like how many keyboard shortcuts there are now.. tim

So I am sitting here writing this drill, bored out of my mind and desperately hoping something will take my mind off the last 3 pages of it, and I discovered something cool about fixing transitions that have been edited.  It was a total accidental discovery, and am wondering if any others out there are Pyware users that have little tips and tricks or questions we can all try to answer.

Pyware users of the world unite.  Or something like that.

nikk... first of all.. long time, no see! secondly, THANK YOU for figuring this trick out! I've always been frustrated with that problem and I knew that if you selected them and hit the 'push' tool, it would tell you what step size they were moving at, but it wouldn't fix the transition on the animation.. nice job on that, I've used it twice already this morning! tim

Heres a problem that is just too time consuming. I had written my whole opener and realized i neaded to move the whole thing about 8 steps back from about page 4 to 19(end). This is easy to to, just select everyone and use the push tool. The problem is it totally messes up the animation, it does that jump thing back to their old position on beat one of each move, and if you have any follow the leaders, they are totally lost. This works as far as the individual page and coordinate sheets are concerned but the animation is toast. Its just tooo time consuming to redo everything just for the animation. I wish their was a step editor like the count editor. You could insert 8 steps starting at the front sideline and it would just push everything back.

Does anyone use the online portion. I post the drill for a few of my customers who down load it and look at it. Most don't mess with the whole stedent account thing, although the one who does swears by it.

And another thing!!! I wish there was a way for a director to have some kind of reader like the student viewer that would allow them to print the drill and coordinate sheets without having to buy the full program. It would make dilivery so much easier. If there is a way to do that with the student viewer, I have missed it. I know the can pring individual coordinate sheets, but i don't think they can print the drill.

Lets keep this going... this is nice :)

Don

Heres a problem that is just too time consuming. I had written my whole opener and realized i neaded to move the whole thing about 8 steps back from about page 4 to 19(end). This is easy to to, just select everyone and use the push tool. The problem is it totally messes up the animation, it does that jump thing back to their old position on beat one of each move, and if you have any follow the leaders, they are totally lost. This works as far as the individual page and coordinate sheets are concerned but the animation is toast. Its just tooo time consuming to redo everything just for the animation. I wish their was a step editor like the count editor. You could insert 8 steps starting at the front sideline and it would just push everything back.

I think this is exactly what I was talking about. Select the members that you adjusted on the page AFTER the adjustment. Then hit the morph tool, and click "Accept" without doing anything else. See if that fixes it for you.

Does anyone use the online portion. I post the drill for a few of my customers who down load it and look at it. Most don't mess with the whole stedent account thing, although the one who does swears by it.

I did it last year with the drill I wrote for my former school, and it seemed to work out ok. I may do the same this year.

I think this is exactly what I was talking about.  Select the members that you adjusted on the page AFTER the adjustment.  Then hit the morph tool, and click "Accept" without doing anything else.  See if that fixes it for you.

I did it last year with the drill I wrote for my former school, and it seemed to work out ok.  I may do the same this year.

OHH! That is what you were talking about. Yeah, that works really well... I do the same thing, especially when I have to fix forms when I realize they do not "work," and have to go back.