Pyware Users...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

... but I like it, becuase sometimes you want to go double-time/half-time, and you need the manual control for that.

I hear the new version of Pyware has a feature where you can manually control what tempo a group of marchers march at...is that right? In almost every show I have ever written where the music fits it, I have moves where part of the band marches to the quarter note, while part marches to the half note.

I see that the upgrade to 3.0 is only $129 for users that have 2.x....is this worth it? Any significant changes?

I hear the new version of Pyware has a feature where you can manually control what tempo a group of marchers march at...is that right?  In almost every show I have ever written where the music fits it, I  have moves where part of the band marches to the quarter note, while part marches to the half note.

I see that the upgrade to 3.0 is only $129 for users that have 2.x....is this worth it?  Any significant changes?

you can, in fact, have some members moving half time while others are moving single time (or double time even) with 3.0

I got the update on Thursday and I've already used the 'pace' tool (the function we're speaking of) three or four times.. works pretty well.. tim

Edited by timfairbanks

you can, in fact, have some members moving half time while others are moving single time (or double time even) with 3.0

I got the update on Thursday and I've already used the 'pace' tool (the function we're speaking of) three or four times.. works pretty well.. tim

Good to hear, I am looking into the upgrade right now. There are some improvements on their list that seem like they will be really helpful. So you'd say it is worth the $?

Good to hear, I am looking into the upgrade right now.  There are some improvements on their list that seem like they will be really helpful.  So you'd say it is worth the $?

yes, i would say it's worth the money.. i also like the ability to select performers by profile.. for instance.. if your hornline is mixed up in a large block but you want to select all the saxes.. you can type in 'sax' in the select by profile dialog box and it will pick out all of the saxes for you.. i also like the new text tool, where it remembers your favorite text boxes and placements.. there are many more keyboard shortcuts and i haven't gotten quite used to them, but i'm sure once i do, they'll save a lot of time. I still wish that they would let 'accept' be clicked by pressing enter.. oh well, baby steps.. tim

Ok, i wrote last night with the new version and the text box template alone is worth the money!

MY only complaint now is it takes 3 minutes to connect to my online acount. I reinstalled the viewer on my computer it it connects in seconds but the full version is like using a dial up.

other then that, I like alot.

Don

My name is Dustin and I am a technician at Pygraphics I have read through this forum and I would like to provide some answers to questions that were posted.

1) Using odd shapes props.

You will need to have a art program such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop that allows you to save a gif file with transparancy. You can create the piece of art and save the file as gif and choose to save with transparency when you import the image it will show the grid in the transparent areas.

2) Tips for using the Block Tool

The block tool is easiest to use when you have the intervals defined, then when you get the form that you like even if it has more players that you have selected you can clear the matching order and match all of the postions to the block and once you press accept it will only place the positions you have matched.

3) If your drill is moved a number of steps to far back or too far to the front and you need to move the enitre drill either forward or backward. Go to each page and select all of the positions that need to be moved and select the Morph tool. Then click on the center of the form relocation handle (which looks like 2 concentric circles) and drag the forms to the new location and press accept. This will not only move the forms but it will also correct the animation. You will need to do this for each set of the drill.

4) Increasing the font size for coordinate prinouts.

Go to File and choose Print Coordinates. Select Print Performer Coordinate Sheet. Click on Set students per page and type 4. Then click Print/Preview and choose Page Setup and choose to print in Landscape. Then click OK and choose to print this will increase the size of the print out to about a 16 - 18 pt font.

5) Update version 3.0.0 pricing

Update from 3D Java Interactive Version 2 $129

Update from 3D Java Version 1 $289

Update from 3D or Virtual 3D $499

Please let me know if you have any questions about the Pyware software my email address is Dustin@pyware.com

• 2 weeks later...

btw - Dustin came through for me bigtime with some issues I was having. He was quick to respond to my e-mail and he went way out of his way to help me get audio to work so don't be afraid to use Tech Support if you have trouble.