Driving to Foxboro

When driving from Pennsylvania to Foxboro, I'm planning on taking I-84 thru northeast PA, NY, and CT...

when you get to the Hartford area, is it smarter to stay on I-84 the whole way, or better to take I-691 and I-91? mapquest.com and randmcnally.com both suggest taking I-691 and I-91 rather than I-84... anyone have experience driving thru that area?

A few questions-

Where's your hotel? Are you driving directly to the stadium or checking in first? And what time of day do you anticipate being in Hartford?

I've done the drive MANY times from NJ/PA to Foxboro up 95, and have also done 5 trips from Omaha to Foxboro.

What I prefer to do when driving on 84 is to stay on 84 - get through Hartford by 2:30pm at the latest- and take 84 to the end then take the Mass pike to 495 south. You will see exits for the stadium. This will be the best route if you have a hotel that's off of 495 (by Worcester, etc)

However, if you are staying in a hotel in Providence, you will be better off to cut over to 95 at some point and take 95 north to the hotel.

Maybe they send people on 691 now to alleviate congestion on 84??? Sorry, I have never used the 691 route- for me, the less interchanges that I have to look for, the better!

Which day are you travelling? What time? Important info, this, as to which route you should take.

Leaving Harrisburg at 8:30 AM on Friday, going up I-81 to Scranton and catching I-84 there.

Leaving Harrisburg at 8:30 AM on Friday, going up I-81 to Scranton and catching I-84 there.

Ok, well. That puts you through Hartford early afternoon, which shouldn't be a problem. Either way you go (84 or 691/91) will take you through Hartford, and the 84 route seems to cut some distance off of the Mass Pike portion (in fact, cuts it by half). I would agree that you should stay on 84 to 90 then 495. The only thing to worry about is Beach traffic, which should not yet be bad, or so I am told.

I live in southern CT and will take 95 all the way up, through RI, as I am going on Saturday and WILL run into beach traffic. Hope that helps, have a safe drive.

How is traffic on 95 during the day? A buddy and I are driving up from Jersey and then driving back home after the show - yes, we're nuts and we're young.

Anyway the plan is to go 80-287-95 all the way - but if 95 is as bad on the weekends as it is on a weekday, i might go 80-287-84

I plan to leave about 11/12 oclock - 4 hour drive via 95, 4.5 the other way

How is traffic on 95 during the day?  A buddy and I are driving up from Jersey and then driving back home after the show - yes, we're nuts and we're young.

Anyway the plan is to go 80-287-95 all the way - but if 95 is as bad on the weekends as it is on a weekday, i might go 80-287-84

I plan to leave about 11/12 oclock - 4 hour drive via 95, 4.5 the other way

i probably missed you with this answer

STAY AWAY FROM 95 ON A FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

this comes from someone who works in Westport CT.

go 80 to 287 to 684 N

to 84 to 90

AGAIN ~ DON'T GO NEAR I-95 today!!!!

When driving from Pennsylvania to Foxboro, I'm planning on taking I-84 thru northeast PA, NY, and CT...

when you get to the Hartford area, is it smarter to stay on I-84 the whole way, or better to take I-691 and I-91?  mapquest.com and randmcnally.com both suggest taking I-691 and I-91 rather than I-84... anyone have experience driving thru that area?

avoid going up 691 to 91 to 90

stay on 84 all the way to 90 because you'll be angling further east.

i probably missed you with this answer

STAY AWAY FROM 95 ON A FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

this comes from someone who works in Westport CT.

go 80 to 287 to 684 N

to 84 to 90

AGAIN ~ DON'T GO NEAR I-95 today!!!!

I think Cadet311 is driving tomorrow???