Was the crowd flat...or the corps?

I thought the crowd at Foxboro was quite dead tonight. Very little response for

any corps during their shows and no BIG ovations at the end for anyone.

Maybe everyone was tired from traveling and having a hot day. Hopefully

we'll see and hear more energy from everyone tomorrow.

I would say Phantom had the best response of any corps, but still no big

ovation.

Much more from the Denver crowd last year.

it was only quarters - the crowds and the corps get more hyped with each performance

Folks I talked to said they were wiped from having to spend so much time rolling quarters to pay for parking! Thank God for my T pass!

logo1.giflogo2.gif

I agree with the original post. Not much projection came across, corps felt distant, not many WOW moments. Just a lot of clean, excellent performances that didn't pull you to the edge of the seat. This was not smash-mouth drum corps tonight. I fear what tomorrow night's gonna be like when my seats are in the 300s section. I'll also be interested to see and hear if the stadium layout has something to do with the shows coming across. My finals seats are on the fifty, row six.

I've watched Blue Devils practice this week. They've given spirited run-throughs that had me enjoying their show. Upon seeing it tonight I was disappointed at how poorly it came across, yet BD was performing their brains out--they really were pumping the show out the best they could. No wonder fans are disappointed with their program this year.

Furthermore, all narration (except Cascades) didn't project and was a hindrance to the shows--even The Cadets. I'm starting to think narration needs to go away. It is a nice attempt, but it gets in the way and doesn't effectively project.

Tim

I thought the crowd at Foxboro was quite dead tonight.  Very little response for

any corps during their shows and no BIG ovations at the end for anyone.

Maybe everyone was tired from traveling and having a hot day.  Hopefully

we'll see and hear more energy from everyone tomorrow.

I would say Phantom had the best response of any corps, but still no big

ovation.

Much more from the Denver crowd last year.

I thought it was appropriate to the shows. SCV and Madison got good responses. I prefer the q-finals crowd to finals, because you've got a smaller, but more hard core audience. Not as many band kids (and band directors) to trip over.