My annual rant - 2005 version.

Here was my biggest rant of the night:

Enough rip-off drill moves:

1) Phantom does a classic SCV drill move with the collapsing triangle move and then angle out into a trapezoidal. That's SCV 1999. A few other corps did that same trapezoidal, with a few corps doing the arm-bending exactly like SCV in 1999.

2) Tired of seeing the battery strut and squat. This is so old! Enough! This originally came from either the Cadets or BD.

3) These arm and leg bending "artistic" moves by the horn line. Total garbage!

4) Also, enough props! Postcards, cots, umbrellas galore, a big fat 1313 door, a gang of ladders, a giant sundial, etc... I vote for the Jaws prop. That's so it can eat up all these other props.

5) Still seeing a lot of rip-off drill from the Cavies design, as well.

Here was my biggest rant of the night:

Enough rip-off drill moves:

1) Phantom does a classic SCV drill move with the collapsing triangle move and then angle out into a trapezoidal. That's SCV 1999. A few other corps did that same trapezoidal, with a few corps doing the arm-bending exactly like SCV in 1999.

2) Tired of seeing the battery strut and squat. This is so old! Enough! This originally came from either the Cadets or BD.

3) These arm and leg bending "artistic" moves by the horn line. Total garbage!

4) Also, enough props! Postcards, cots, umbrellas galore, a big fat 1313 door, a gang of ladders, a giant sundial, etc... I vote for the Jaws prop. That's so it can eat up all these other props.

5) Still seeing a lot of rip-off drill from the Cavies design, as well.

so, should every drill designer watch every show ever done and make sure they don't copy anything?

That's a Phantom classic, if I'm not mistaken.

I could be wrong though.

and I don't borg, btw. :D

~>conner

No corps - not one - since the elimination of the "tick" system in 1984 has *not* won a title after winning Semis.  There have been three ties, but the corps that won Semis still came in first. 

21 years and counting.

Whoever wins tonight - will win tomorrow.

Mike

We'll see??? B)

Wish I was there and I hope the ESPN "highlights" are beter than the sattelite broadcast.