The Unofficial Bluecoats are getting HOSED thread

Well, just to start this off.....

Bluecoats have a FANTASTIC show this year. Easily the best ever from them, and they are performing it like a top 4 corps. Should easily be ahead of Madison and possibly Devils.

And honestly...there drum speak is AWESOME. Very tasty.

Go Bluecoats! Show this world what you've got.

They are great, but from what I saw last night they are right were they should be.

The gap between BD and the Scouts/Coats will grow. The ending of the Scouts show really makes me forget most of the show up to that point. It's unfortunate, because I remember enjoying it. Bluecoats to me were solid, but "blah." The "Taco Bell" thing didn't do anything for me.

Bluecoats and Madison both have shows that are better than Blue Devils' on so many levels. But I do have to admit, as painful to watch as I think BD's show is, they still have tons and tons of talent which is what I think should matter more; after all, it has more to do with the kids than the staff.

I agree, the new MS ending is awesome. I think that Bluecoats could jump the Scouts easily and I hope they can catch and jump ahead of BD. I want Bluecoats to finish as high as possible, if they continue this success, i'm calling it now Bluecoats 2008 champions. :)

Well, just to start this off.....

Bluecoats have a FANTASTIC show this year.  Easily the best ever from them, and they are performing it like a top 4 corps. Should easily be ahead of Madison and possibly Devils. 

And honestly...there drum speak is AWESOME.  Very tasty.

Go Bluecoats!  Show this world what you've got.

I kept thinking to myself "Ya know... if they stoked the fire just a little and cleaned up every section by just a little... in the right year this show and corps could have a shot at the title." It was strangely reminiscent of 88 Madison mid-season when they were starting to crank up a just good raw fun, entertaining, exciting corps package that was somehow setting them apart from the rest of the pack.

(Probably not this year's title, since the shows that seem to be getting rewarded right now are the ones that have been more strategically designed to stroke the judges' fascination with quasi-winterguard, artsy-movement and swagger instead of marching.)

While not perfection (who really is anyway?) I thought the Bluecoats seemed to have a fire about them that few other corps did. (Notice I didn't say "nobody else did", so stand down with the flame throwers B) )

Maybe it makes me an ol' fart, but I could watch the Bluecoats 2005 show over and over and leave with a smile on my face every time.

NOTE: I saw them in a movie theater with questionable audio and somewhat blurry video. And of course my visual picture was at the mercy of the camera shots. So, I'll admit it's possible my impression is skewed by these limitations...But I felt a similar vibe when I saw what was surely a dirtier performance a few weeks ago live.

Edited by bradrick

I agree, the new MS ending is awesome. I think that Bluecoats could jump the Scouts easily and I hope they can catch and jump ahead of BD. I want Bluecoats to finish as high as possible, if they continue this success, i'm calling it now Bluecoats 2008 champions.  :)

Could the drum corps world handle the Bluecoats winning a championship in the next few years?