Has anyone else noticed...

If you compare the videos from the first night to tonight the field looks like it has really taken a beating.

It looks like the center of the field is now nothing but dirt. Is this just bad video or have the corps done that much damage to the turf?

I would expect a better field turf from the Super Bowl Champions?

Well, they're Super Bowl champs for a reason: Foxboro is THE toughest place to play on the road :) Crappy field = bad day for Peyton Manning

The Patriots will NOT be pleased! :blush: Especially since they put ramps down for the pit to use so they wouldn't damage the turf (yeah right, like the PIT is going to damage the turf b**bs )

I would love to hear from someone who was actually there to see how bad it really is...I might have to take this into consideration when I start my fantasy football picks! I'm sure the Patriots field crew is loving this.

I have been to the show the last two nights and yes, the field was in much

worse shape tonight. I can't believe it, but I don't think the watered the

field last night and it's been in the 90s both days.

They are switching to the other side of the stadium tomorrow night, but I

don't know why they didn't do that tonight. 24 corps yesterday, 19 corps

tonight (counting Hawthorne). 43 corps, then you switch for the final 12?

Of course, all of the damage seems to have been done in the middle

third of the field and switching side really isn't going to fix that.

Maybe they were planning to put new grass in anyway. I know the

Bengals changed grass in their new stadium after 2 marching bands

performed at halftime. Of course the bands got the blame, not the

football teams. It was a joke on the local media for several days

how they were blaming the 90 lb piccolo players instead of the 300 lb

linemen.

By the way...IMHO this stadium is not nearly as good for DCI as

Denver was!

Interesting indeed. So they will be switching sides tonight.

I really don't think there is time to put in new turf before they begin playing as pre-season has already begun. They will just have to sock the water to the field and hope it grows.

It does look like most of the damage is due to dry brittle grass and had it been kept watered and healthy it would be doing just fine.

During Quarterfinals, they were watering the field during the break. I think they gave up when they saw how much damage was being done.

The field is the worst-looking field I can remember since Jackson, Miss. They had a soccer game on the field on Wednesday night, and that caused a lot of the mid-field damage. Of course, they'll blame the corps, but frankly, I don't give a rat's butt. The folks at this stadium have been so totally anal-retentive about everything.

Last night, a guard instructor for one of the corps walked to the edge of the field before they went on, pulled up a couple of blades of grass and tossed them into the air to determine the wind direction. One of the stadium folks saw this, and had a cow -- from what I hear, threatened to shut down the show.

Between the $25 parking, them not allowing the corps to feed their members from their food trucks in the parking lots, the refusal to let anyone leave the stadium and return without buying another ticket, these folks have been total jerks.

I hope DCI NEVER returns to this stadium.