Were the Judges smoking crack?!?

Were you there yesterday??  Madison was rocking last night, definately deserved 5th place on comparison of both shows last night.  Bloo was good, but I think Madison had them.

Thats an awful big spread for Madison to have them. Probably should have been a closer spread then. Any weird phasing or anything to cause some low scores?

I was there last night--bottom of the top section on the 45 yard line. During Cadets' performance I could hear the cheers from the lower deck numerous times. The audience response for the Cadets was much, much greater on Saturday than on Friday or Thursday. Also, Cadets nailed the show on Saturday. The brass line, which, I felt, had been holding back, let it rip, and the volume and emotion that had been lacking the two previous nights was there. They were very, very impressive. Cavies, Phantom and BD also performed magnificently last night. After giving the Cavies a well deserved 97.625, the judges had to reward the Cadets. I see both the spread and the 99.15 as well justified.

I was there last night--bottom of the top section on the 45 yard line.  During Cadets' performance I could hear the cheers from the lower deck numerous times.  The audience response for the Cadets was much, much greater on Saturday than on Friday or Thursday.  Also, Cadets nailed the show on Saturday.  The brass line, which, I felt, had been holding back, let it rip, and the volume and emotion that had been lacking the two previous nights was there.  They were very, very impressive.  Cavies, Phantom and BD also performed magnificently last night.  After giving the Cavies a well deserved 97.625, the judges had to reward the Cadets.  I see both the spread and the 99.15 as well justified.

I agree. The crowd reaction in my section (which might actually have been yours by your description) was really strong on Saturday. The Cadets nailed the show and clearly deserved the placement. The net effect of a subjective scoring system is that we won’t all agree with one another and many won’t agree with the judges. Personally, I am 100% on board with the spread between Cadets and Cavies last night. The Cadets performed and executed at a much higher level. On the flip side, I honestly thought Phantom should have been closer to (if not ahead of) the Cavies. Also, coming into the week, I predicted Bluecoats to jump into 4th place ahead of the Blue Devils…they needed one more night IMO. However, I have to give props to Blue Devils for elevating their game this week. Finally, whereas everyone wants to talk about the spread by which the Cadets won and how unjustified the score was, etc., I was far more baffled with SCV’s placement. I preface this with the disclaimer that I am traditionally a huge SCV fan, but IMO, this show and the performance level this week was nothing more than a good 10th or 11th place show. Sure, Boston Crusaders had some executing problems on Friday and Saturday, but I simply cannot see SCV pulling ahead of them or for that matter, staying ahead of Blue Knights or even Glassmen. The latter two shows were immensely cleaner and both were far better conceived shows.

BTW, the suggestion that the Cadets’ score was a byproduct of George Hopkins whining is beyond ridiculous and perhaps one of the most unintelligent assertions I’ve read. How exactly would that work? He whines, so all the judges meet before hand to determine the exact scores by caption? Is it me or does the intelligence level in these threads plummet whenever the issue involves George Hopkins?